User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knguyen525 View Post
    I have an 2017 Imagine 2800BH. I installed a 32" LED TV (8 lbs) to the wall that has the TV plate sticker. There are 3 metal screws that I drilled in to hold the mounting arm. Feels very secure and there was no play in the screw when I hand screwed the screws in. I am curious to hear how many have installed a lightweight led tv in their bedroom to that TV backing plate on the wall. Do you travel with the tv hooked into the arm or do you take it off while traveling? I am a little concerned that traveling with it on could cause the tv to bounce around and eventually rip the mount off the wall. I understand there is a piece of plywood backing behind the spot marked "TV..." on the wall.
    I found a 28" smart TV TCL (same as living room came with in hopes of sharing controls) and a hinged arm locking mount on Amazon which is rock solid and has over 10K miles on it and still locks tight and firm. That model weighed very little and I don't ever see it being an issue.
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4L 3V
    Our rig

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Home Depot, Lowes, etc has adjustable clothes hanging bars that have rubber on each end that you can install vertically (one end under the TV mount, other end on the floor) adjust by twisting just enough to snug up and it will prevent the TV from the bounce that could happen while in transit. Good Luck.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
    I found a 28" smart TV TCL (same as living room came with in hopes of sharing controls) and a hinged arm locking mount on Amazon which is rock solid and has over 10K miles on it and still locks tight and firm. That model weighed very little and I don't ever see it being an issue.
    I think I bought the same tv, but unsure what mount I need to make sure it will allow the tv full range of movement for the TV viewing. What locking mount did you purchase on Amazon?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV mount

Here’s what I installed. Works great!

Mounting Dream Full Motion... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Z7NVBK...p_mob_ap_share
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4L 3V
    Our rig

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
    Here’s what I installed. Works great!

Mounting Dream Full Motion... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Z7NVBK...p_mob_ap_share
    I saw that one. Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I saw that one. Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!
    I have the same TV and mount. The bolts for attaching the TV mount to the wall appear to be for wood rather than the steel backer we are trying to attach to. What did you use?

Also, the 28" TV does leave some room for error, but not much. How did you get the mount in the right spot? A trick?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a #10 screw 1"- 1 1/4" long. Used a self tapping sheet metal screw. It did the trick for me.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
    2016 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2020 Nissan Titan XD

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too used a magnet to verify the location of the metal plate. I also could hear the placement of the wall studs by knocking on wood. My swivel mount is mounted with lag screws going into the metal plate that's over a stud.

I don't remove the 28" television anytime.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I am good with the fasteners to use. I could just put the mount up there over the area with the metal plate and mount it. My fear is once I do that I will attach the TV to the mount and find the TV rubbing the ceiling or something like that. I had considered attaching the TV to the mount and holding the whole thing up against the wall and marking the holes for the mount just to be sure the TV would clear everything. Anyone have a better idea?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i installed a 32” in my imagine 2250RK. when traveling i put an adjustable curtain rod (walmart) vertically under any horizontal arm section of the tv mount and then remove it when i arrive. i do this for the same reason mentioned, to take up any potential vertical movement or bouncing while traveling which could, over time, cause the mounting screws from loosening. when tightening the curtain rod, don’t tighten too tight, just enough to prevent vertical movement while driving. good luck.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast