Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pumping running every 35 seconds

So we have had our 2017 grand design imagine for about 45 days now. This weekend was our first trip where we only had water and electric and no sewer at the campground. I attached the hose from the camp ground water supply to the inlet in the front storage of my trailer. Filled up the fresh water while the switch was on the "fill" and when it was completed, moved the switch back to "city". I turned on the water pump switch for the weekend. What I am noticing is that the water pump starts to run for about 4 seconds then stops. It has been doing this every 35-40 seconds or so. Is this normal? I believe I have read that water pumps only turn on when it detects an open faucet, shower head, etc or when there is a leak. Anyone else's water pump spins up every so often even though no water is being used?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have valves in correct position for using fresh water tank?. Are all your faucets closed? My outside faucets were on and the shut off on the shower head was closed when I first got mine
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

mike3740
    If the valve is at City and you have water supply from the campground you don't need the pump turned on.

-Mike
    2016 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is that your city water pressure is less than the threshold pressure for the pump.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a city water hose connected and the pump turned on is an unusual combination. Not sure how that would work. I would try disconnecting the city hose and running off just the pump and tank to see if this solves the problem. If the pump still cycles, you have a leak somewhere.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the issue! There are 2 grey water pipes that run at the underbelly of the trailer and lead to the black/grey valves near the rear of my 2017 imagine 2800BH. 1 longer grey water line seems to come from the front of the trailer and 1 shorter grey water line closer to the rear near the showers (This must be grey tank 1 and grey tank 2). The shorter line comes out from the all season cover underneath and has some insulation spray foam where the line comes out from under the trailer. There is a consistent water drip coming from that foam insulation area where the shorter grey line comes out. I suspect there is a leak in the line above the underbelly covering. Out of my league in terms of trying to check the pipes. It's only about 45 days new, so I believe the dealership will fix this under my 1 year warranty. The bad news is I know they are backed up for another 3 weeks in repairs. This is not going to be good. Thank you all for your input.