Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hitch Question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch Question

I own a 2004 2500 Diesel Dodge looking at purchasing a G/D 303RLS and using a Anderson Alum Ultra Hitch with the B&W Turnaround gooseneck ball hitch set up. Has anyone run that type of setup?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a gooseneck ball in my truck, so I had to go with the steel version of the Andersen (it's spelled with an "e" in the last syllable) and standard bed rails. Love the hitch! If you'll search the forum on "Andersen," you'll find a lot of people using both configurations of the hitch.
    Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

rcv2003
    We own a 2012 Ford F350 Superduty Diesel. Looking to purchase a Reflection 337RLS. Any recommendations for what to purchase for a hitch??? Have had a lot of recommendations from RV Dealers. Most recently the B&W Turnaround with their Companion Hitch? Looking for recommendations.

Bruce Z
    I have the B&W turnover with the companion hitch in my 2011 F-350. I haven't had any bad experiences and would recommend this hitch to anyone. It is a little more expensive but the quality is excellent. I especially like the way that the locking arm is pinned. You never have to wonder if the jaws are locked or not. It is a big piece of mind for me!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcv2003 View Post
    We own a 2012 Ford F350 Superduty Diesel. Looking to purchase a Reflection 337RLS. Any recommendations for what to purchase for a hitch???
    You'll get a ton of recommendations! I'm going to recommend an air hitch because they really help smooth out the ride in the cab by eliminating a lot of the up and down motion between the 5th wheel and truck. I bought the Hensley BD3 but there are others. For a conventional hitch the B&W Companion is very popular.

To the OP - sorry, but I have no experience with the Andersen. However, the people who have them really like them!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcv2003 View Post
    We own a 2012 Ford F350 Superduty Diesel. Looking to purchase a Reflection 337RLS. Any recommendations for what to purchase for a hitch??? Have had a lot of recommendations from RV Dealers. Most recently the B&W Turnaround with their Companion Hitch? Looking for recommendations.
    Although your post was not in response to the person who started the thread, I'll give you a similar answer. We pull our 337 with the Andersen and have installed a Demco Glide Ride dampened pin box on the trailer. The combination is extremely smooth and stable. The hitch also weighs about 40 lbs. so is quick and easy to remove if I need to use the truck for something else.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gumpster I would advise against the Anderson hitch if you have the Flex plate on your hitch. the set up on the Anderson will always have it in a bind due to the way it connects to the kingpin. I had bought one for our 321RLS and just recently bought the B&W Companion since I have the turnover ball already. i have only towed it 3 times for a total of 750 miles and you could see the Galling on the mounting block that connects to the kingpin. But if you're really wanting one then I have an extra one for sale but its the steel one
    Solitude 321RL
    '04 F250 6.0L
    Bulletproof oil cooler, 7.3l fan clutch,
    Ride Rite air bags,
    B&W Companion Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Although your post was not in response to the person who started the thread, I'll give you a similar answer. We pull our 337 with the Andersen and have installed a Demco Glide Ride dampened pin box on the trailer. The combination is extremely smooth and stable. The hitch also weighs about 40 lbs. so is quick and easy to remove if I need to use the truck for something else.

Rob
    with all that movement at the hitch area Rob i would take a good look at the underside of the connection block to check for damage
    Solitude 321RL
    '04 F250 6.0L
    Bulletproof oil cooler, 7.3l fan clutch,
    Ride Rite air bags,
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iguana View Post
    with all that movement at the hitch area Rob i would take a good look at the underside of the connection block to check for damage
    If you're talking about movement with the dampened pin box and damage to the hitch and/or adapter block, that's not an issue with the Demco Glide Ride. This pin box was chosen specifically to use with the Andersen because it keeps the king pin plate level at all times. 7,000 miles and everything looks just like it did when new. The issues arise when a dampening system (i.e. pin box) is used that allows the king pin plate to rotate off of level - especially units like the Roto-Flex. Thanks for the concern, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the B&W and we are very happy with it.
    Benny and Valinda w/ Dakota (canine)
    2016 Momentium 350M
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 3500 DRW 8' bed 6.6 Duramax w Allison
    B&W Companion RVK3500 20K FW
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic