Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul everts RV Fresno, ca

I recently had the displeasure of experiencing the service dept of Paul Everts RV in Fresno, ca when I took in my 328m for warranty work. I posted this experience on the FB page as well. I figured I'd post it up here to for those not on the FB page.

Paul Everts RV Country Fresno ca

here is my experience with my dealership's service dept and what an experience it was... Took it in for the following issues.

Issues found on predelivery inspection.

1. Table was not secured during delivery and damaged corner of table.

They replaced the table

2. Trim piece around sliding glass door frame was damaged by table

They placed what looks like wood grain seam tape on trim piece.

3. Driver side LED strip on front end cap had 4 diodes not working.

They replaced the LED strip

4. LED strip in bedroom had diodes not working.

They replaced the LED strip

5. TV in living area missing.

Replaced with a VIZIO from a 388 on the lot.

Issues found while using in camping trips

1. Side skirt in driver side above the tires was pulling away from coach

Their repair was to add a bracket to the back side and install a screw marrying the 2 pieces together

2. Fuel gauge for fueling station was faulty. Not showing gas was in tank.

They replaced the fuel gauge

3. Rear awning was jerky when retracting.

They could not duplicate issue

4. Shower leaked at bottom of door frame .

They resealed the shower door frame

5. Microwave was loose at the bottom.

They removed microwave and installed a bracket and installed microwave.

6. Rear facing window on slide was sticking and hard to open(

They removed and installed window

7. Zone 3 on T-stat showed negative degrees.

They replaced the faulty t-stat

8/9. PSI on driver side tires increased 10psi during travel while passenger side tires PSI did not. Possible axle issue causing excess heat

Removed tires and found all 4 axle seals were leaking and replaced axles seals and backing plate.

10. Bedroom TV remote would not change channels but would turn off/on TV

So I took her in to get worked on. I knew most of this I could myself
    With the help of the experience on this page but I figured I'd test the service dept. and let them fix the issues. Here is what happened.

Feb 4 the coach as delivered to the dealership from a dealer in Washington state. Was told the delivery guy failed to properly secure the table top damaging it and the door trim on the sliding glass doorframe, the LED strip on the driver side front end cap had 4 diodes not working and there were diodes not working in the LED strip above the master bed. The TV in the living area was missing so they took a VIZIO smart TV out of the 388 on the lot and installed it. These issues were found in the delivery of the coach and on the pre-delivery inspection. The guy in charge of my coach at this time named Dave.

Feb 9 he called and said the coach was ready for pick up. On that day we did the PDI and he showed the table and LED Strips were on order. We found some other little things that he corrected instantly.

April 12 we took it in for warranty work and for the parts on order to be replaced and to have other things fixed we discovered on our camping trips. Was told they'd start on it right away.

April 18 they started working on items (told this by GD customer service)

April 19/20 called to get status update and was told "all preauthorization paperwork submitted to GD. This could take a while to get back."

Week of may 16 called for updates but got answering machine for service tech in charge of my coach and left multiple messages... Calls never returned

May 23 called for update. This is when I was told "still waiting on GD to authorize the repairs and then we have to resubmit preauthorization paperwork to remove and replace each part individually." This is when my BS detector started going off.

Read later that day about GD having a 24 hour policy to approve or deny preauthorization paperwork..

Called GD customer service and talked to Brad smith and this is when I found out NOTHING had been submitted. He gave me some good info and offered to call the dealership. I said I'll call and try to take care of it myself . He said to call if I was still experiencing less than satisfactory service.

Called the dealership back and talked to this service tech and asked "can you tell me what day the paperwork was submitted?" The Response I got "uh you know I don't have that paperwork in front of me. Let me get that info and I'll call you right back." I told him he didn't need to call me back because I had all that info.. He started blaming the ladies in the warranty office, GD and started backpedaling trying to not take responsibility.

May 24 called Brad at GD and he stated he got some (5 of 10) preauthorization paperwork (submitted at like 5pm) and approved them right away.

May 30/31 called service tech for updates and left messages, called never returned

June 2 called for updates and talked to a different service tech(didn't ask for name). He said parts were on order but didn't know what was on order or the shipping status...

June 3 called Brad at GD to verify parts were on order( because I didn't believe the info given to me from the service tech) and he did verify parts were on order. Asked how things were going and filled him in(phone calls not being returned, never getting a straight answer etc).. Said he knew a person at my dealership and he would contact them to see what was going on..

June 3 got a call from this lady( whom is now in charge of my coach(supposedly) and filled her in on the events... She stated she would make my coach a priority.

June 13.. Received email from service tech stating they sent pictures to GD for repair of leaking axle seals.

June 28. Called for update and was told the axles were done and were waiting on the LED light strip above the bed to be installed. Was asked if I wanted the coach back for the 4th of July weekend and if I did they would make it a priority. Said no because I had to work.

July 5. Called for an estimated time of completion for pick up. Was told authorization for the axle repair was just received and "parts still needed to be ordered and work would begin when they had time". Asked why I was told axles were done when parts were not ordered? No answer could be given.

July 6. Was given contact info for Emily Stahley at LCI to verify status on parts/ authorization. She was able to verify authorization was approved on June 13 by LCI but looked like parts had NOT been ordered. If parts were not ordered she would request to have the parts sent overnight.

July 7. Contacted by Emily. Stated the parts were sent in 2 boxes and should be delivered no later than 3pm. Contacted dealership and asked about status was told "still working on it." When asked why parts were not on order when the authorization was approved in June 13. I was told "We went and got parts from a local business." Instructed to have parts removed and install parts sent by LCI for warranty purposes.

July 13. Received call that they damaged driver side front cap by hitting it with another coach. Went and looked at it and found damage on passenger side front cap that I was not told about. Talked with Joe, the body guy, who will repair the damaged spots and should have done by end of the month.

July 19. Received call from Service tech that all repairs have been completed and ready to pick up.

So I caught them in 2 lies( that I can prove), numerous unreturned phone calls, never got a straight answer etc..Was surprised to see this substandard level of customer service(in my honest opinion) in this industry... I've experince service dept and their customer service in the automotive, motorcycles, quads/dirt bike industries and the service dept and their customer service I experienced here was by far the worse... I think I will find other service dept. that can service 5th wheels for stuff I can't do myself before I go back to PE in Fresno ca.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW
    2021 Momentum 397TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not terribly surprising but unfortunate it happened this way for you. Some long hate posts on this forum (and others) regarding PE service. They truly are miserable to deal with so I would try to avoid them as much as possible and work directly with GD. Your blood pressure will thank you!
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 months. WOW

Is this the dealership you purchased your Momentum from?

If so, they might need to comp you something for all your trouble.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes same dealership... I'm still contemplating on going and talking someone high on the food chain
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW
    2021 Momentum 397TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow..wow...wow...woooooow that sucks man I'm sorry!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yes same dealership... I'm still contemplating on going and talking someone high on the food chain
    You should.

They owe you 3 months of camping enjoyment. Maybe pain and suffering too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to buy an awning through their parts dept. about a year ago and they just didn't care to help. I think they sell so many units they just don't care about anything else.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I bought at a Paul Everts (not in Fresno)...This is quite concerning...
    2016 Solitude 369RL
    2005 Airstream 396 XL LandYacht Motorhome (Yes they made some!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Handyman--this service disaster as you posted is totally unacceptable from PE or any dealership. This type of horrendous experience needs to be shared with GDRV Corporate........I think they may not be surprised but s/b appaulled ! More importantly I think they will want to know about this and then take action !

Here is the link to GDRV Corporate contacts (posts 1 & 2)........keep us posted. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...gn-and-Vendors

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was posted here, Grand Design got the message. For liability reasons, they often have to keep quiet on such issues.

What we have here is a "FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE"--with a brick wall. This has all been a people issue--and the dealer apparently has poor quality people and management.

You've got your message to those on the West Coast about this dealer. That's the best you can do. Any potential buyers should consider going to another dealer.

If you have any future problems under warranty, I suggest you ask Grand Design to refer you to an authorized independent RV technician or another dealer willing to do the work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast