User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ThruHauler

Take delivery in 5 hours of a Solitude 369rl - my first ever RV!

Howdy folks! The owners forum here is already making me feel like I made the right choice in an RV! Hope to see you down the road

th

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome. Take the delivery inspection slow and careful!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, we're sure you'll enjoy it. We bought our 369RL in May, 2013 and still love it. This is a big step for a first RV, most of us took baby steps ie; pop up camper to travel trailer to 5th wheel (or some variation of). If you haven't gone in yet, please be very thorough on your walk through/inspection. Do not hurry or let the dealer rep hurry you. It is not unusual to take 3 hours as you have to go every component. I took notes on every step and when I later re-wrote them it went to 7 pages. It's not unusual to video the entire session. Good luck, let us know later how it went.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have them SHOW you how everything works and PROVE that everything works! You are paying them for a trouble free unit- there probably will be issues afterwards, but make sure it was not due to your lack of due diligence. Maybe think of it as a new (or used) home inspection with instruction thrown in. The suggestion of a video is great if it fits in with what you can do.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

ThruHauler
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    This is a big step for a first RV, most of us took baby steps ie; pop up camper to travel trailer to 5th wheel (or some variation of).
    d'oh! I've done a lot of back packing and car camping. Does that count?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! That is an exciting and huge first camper! Congratulations! We are new (6/30/16) to the Solitude Family, we bought the 384GK. Good luck with your walk through and wishing you a great first trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congratulations. We bought our rig in the early fall of '13. Very few problems since, all of which GD has been very responsive in helping to correct. Also welcome to our forum.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

ThruHauler
    Thanks all for the welcome and advice! I feel like the walk through went well. Caught a few things they're gonna work out before i take possession. One thing they said they cant fix: the living room TV sits a little crooked on its mount by about an inch from one side to the other. Said that's just they way it is. What do you all think? Seems to me TVs tend to sit level when mounted. Should i push back or let it go?

Also, I'm considering the Exterior and Interior protection to knock my interest rate down half a point. Worth it? He told me it meant I wouldn't have to wax that beast for 5 years which by itself seemed worth it. And if I spill my wine they'll clean it up!

If he's able to offer me that lower rate, does that mean the bank [Mountain America] qualified me at that lower rate and I should be able to access that rate without conditions? I was under the impression the dealership was legally obligated to offer you the lowest rate you qualified for which has me confused as to how there might be negotiating room on the rate itself. Could it be lower still? Is there anyway I can see the rate I qualified for? Call the bank?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast