User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    cdwarre

Reflection 323 BHS black tank fell out, 2015 1 year old

Had dumped our black water tank and was the flushing tank, while standing there watching our blank tank fell out.

Well got it put back in and then found out it pulled part of fitting outfoxed the grey tank directly in front of it.

Am I going to have to pull all plumbing out to fix? Thinking of trading for another brand.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggest you contact GDRV Customer Support at 574-825-9679. I'm sure that they'll take care of you.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

cdwarre
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    Suggest you contact GDRV Customer Support at 574-825-9679. I'm sure that they'll take care of you.

Dave
    Did that was told have to call get prices find best place to do work on my dime

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a common problem, but I've read of someone else having the black tank drop.

I suggest contacting GD customer service.

cdwarre
    Looking for any other ideas to fix, way piping shifted can't get valve back in.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the piping have a mechanical sleeve connection to the tanks or are they glued fittings?

Dave

cdwarre
    How can u tell? I thought they were mechanical but, the black has a hose clamp on it, the grey tank in front of it I think is mechanical but I can't get to slide in qnymore. If I could get any of thhem to move 1/4 I could get valve back in

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that the piping shifted indicates that it's not all glued joints. Is it possible to remove either/both of the other valves to allow you to manipulate the piping? Would you be able to post a photo?

Any idea how the black tank was able to fall out?

Dave

cdwarre
    I could remove other valves but there appears to be no movement at all in the piping. I think the tanks have some sort of slip fitting with a clamp but they don't budge.

For tank falling out don't know, had just dumped it into wagon, was flashing tank and there it went. It's a poor design only appears to have small lip holding on lightweight metal holding, think metal rail gave away some just enough

Vargasvinyls
    I had the same exact problem. Mine didn't fall all the way out. It was leaning down and was about to fall out. I didn't have any issues with the plumbing pulling apart. I did remove the brackets that hold the tank in, reposition the tank, and reinstall the brackets. Then to make sure it never happened again, I added (2) 2x3 boards that run across the RV from I-Beam to I-beam. It really secured mine up. Now if I could find out how fresh water filled my underbelly enough to rip it off. Thus leading me to find my misplaced black tank.