User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Advice Needed

bluemule

Advice Needed

Hello,
    So, I have the dreaded grease on the wheels. It showed up two days before I was supposed to go on vacation. We are still under warranty. I called GD and they authorized us to take it to a shop near me since the nearest dealer is far away. GD is saying it is a Lippert issue so we need to handle it with them. After much back and forth Lippert has agreed to cover parts for all four bad grease seals, brakes, baking plates, etc. They will also cover two hours of labor. Great! I thought I would soon be back on the road. The RV repair shop says it is not enough labor and want us to pay for more. Lippert says they will not pay for additional labor and GD customer service continues to say not their issue. Now, the RV shop wants us to pay for everything up front and get reimbursed through Lippert. I thought this sounded strange so I called Lippert. They said everything was approved but not ordered. I contacted the repair shop again and was told they ordered the parts from somewhere else. Why would I pay up front for under warranty parts when Lippert will send them?

This has been ongoing for over two weeks. The response from GD customer service has repeatedly been that it is not their issue to handle. I understand the warranty is through Lippert but I would like their help with getting the process handled. I have read everyone's posts about GD taking care of things but this isn't happening for me.

On top of this I am dealing with needing a new roof. The roof has a split in the front and a part where something is pushing up on it. The dealer decided to cut a hole in the roof to fix it then deny that they touched the roof. I will be taking it into GD to get this handled so at least I know this will get taken of.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email GD warranty/service, Lippert, Email/phone is on the back of their manual and your dealer about the axle seals.
    We took lots of pictures top to bottom right from the giddyup, at the dealer. They didn't like me on the roof, oh well. Again Email both, maybe the dealer isn't a good roofer.