User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasquared View Post
    Reviving an old post, want to install the 320 in my 2017 303RLS, anyone go down that road?
    Do you have close to 10" between the center of your flange and the back wall?

There are quite a few posts here about this... Search will help you find them. LOTS of people (including me) have installed the Dometic 320 - with it's specification of 11" for that dimension - in trailers with nominally less than 11". I put mine in a Reflection 320MKS and had about 1/2 inch of clearance to the wall. The dealer swapped it into our Solitude 310GK when we traded and we now have just a few millimeters of space behind the toilet but all is good.

If it turns out you can't just plug-and-play as most do, someone here recently wrote about removing the flange screws (not the toilet bolts, the screws that hold the flange to the floor) and pulling the flange away from the wall to re-screw it a little further from the wall. Since the flange typically tops a long (3' to 4') PVC pipe that fits into the flexible top of the black tank, there should usually be enough flexibility to do that with minimum risk of damage, if you find it necessary.

So, I'm gonna deny liability for this advice just in case but if you have pretty close to 10" (or more) in the critical dimension you will almost certainly be able to install the Dometic 320.

And be glad you did.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Do you have close to 10" between the center of your flange and the back wall?

There are quite a few posts here about this... Search will help you find them. LOTS of people (including me) have installed the Dometic 320 - with it's specification of 11" for that dimension - in trailers with nominally less than 11". I put mine in a Reflection 320MKS and had about 1/2 inch of clearance to the wall. The dealer swapped it into our Solitude 310GK when we traded and we now have just a few millimeters of space behind the toilet but all is good.

If it turns out you can't just plug-and-play as most do, someone here recently wrote about removing the flange screws (not the toilet bolts, the screws that hold the flange to the floor) and pulling the flange away from the wall to re-screw it a little further from the wall. Since the flange typically tops a long (3' to 4') PVC pipe that fits into the flexible top of the black tank, there should usually be enough flexibility to do that with minimum risk of damage, if you find it necessary.

So, I'm gonna deny liability for this advice just in case but if you have pretty close to 10" (or more) in the critical dimension you will almost certainly be able to install the Dometic 320.

And be glad you did.

Good luck.
    Thanks Boyscout, I did do a search and posts that I read seemed to be a bit older so wanted a fresh input. I saw the one about moving the flange and agree, should not have issue moving an inch or so. Thanks!
    2018 GD 303RLS
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the 320 in our 337RLS. We like it. I just checked the clearance. It’s tight against the wall. In fact, it flexes the wall a little bit. I would agree with others who suggested that it would be okay to move the flange to make it work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12