Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800BH holding tanks

So, first few times out without '17 2800BH we were at full hookup sites. Before leaving, always made sure fresh water tank was empty as well as grey and black.

The would do the black tank flush and leave a little in the black tank with chemicals.

This time we are at electric only. Decided to fill fresh water tank before leaving mostly to see if that added weight affected our towing issue.

Anyway, get to the campsite and get hooked up. Check tank levels and fresh water showing only 1/3 full (filled it until some coming out over overflow), then black tank showing 2/3 full (huh? Haven't used it yet this trip. Should have only been few gallons left after last one). Gray 1 showing 2/3 full. Grey 2 showing 2/3 full. Huh? They were completely drained after last trip.

Are those readings reliable or thoughts on what to check or what might be going on?

Sent from space using my comlink.
    Eric & Andrea
    2016 Silverado 1500 LT 4x4
    2017 Imagine 2800BH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned along time ago, the guages are not very dependable.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black water gauges are notorious for having crud on them. I usually shine a light down the toliet to confirm its level. Grey and fresh gauges usually work. If you arent level when filling tank levels can be anything. Also be sure the fresh water dump valve is fully closed.

mike3740
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric91Z View Post
    So, first few times out without '17 2800BH we were at full hookup sites. Before leaving, always made sure fresh water tank was empty as well as grey and black.

The would do the black tank flush and leave a little in the black tank with chemicals.

This time we are at electric only. Decided to fill fresh water tank before leaving mostly to see if that added weight affected our towing issue.

Anyway, get to the campsite and get hooked up. Check tank levels and fresh water showing only 1/3 full (filled it until some coming out over overflow), then black tank showing 2/3 full (huh? Haven't used it yet this trip. Should have only been few gallons left after last one). Gray 1 showing 2/3 full. Grey 2 showing 2/3 full. Huh? They were completely drained after last trip.

Are those readings reliable or thoughts on what to check or what might be going on?

I've had the same experience with my 2016 2800BH. Valve closed. Haven't been able to explain it.

-Mike
    2016 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must have lost some on the 1.5 hour drive to campsite. Know it was full as filled on level surface until coming out overflow.

Now, grey and black might have actually been fuller than we expected as might not have gotten completely emptied last time out the previous weekend. That would have been my fault. They are all empty now and show that on the control panel, too.

Eric & Andrea
    2016 Silverado 1500 LT 4x4
    2017 Imagine 2800BH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might want to check out SeeLevel gauges.

Ben
    Sharon, Ben & Maggi-Ann (the Cockapoo)
    2014 Reflection 293RES with Airborne Sidewinder
    2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4 Crewcab with Reese R16

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brings to mind one other thing. Do you have the pump switched off? I dont see how water from the fresh tank could have gotten to grey tank except through the interior drains in the trailer.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 5th wheel once that the water from the fresh water tank was sucked out the overflow tube while driving. I added a valve I would leave open but when traveling I closed it. Solved the issue for me.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a guess here....if the fresh water pump was turned on and there was a leak in the toilet flush lever that might explain how water could have been moved from the fresh to the black tank.
    Greg & Cheryl and our mini schnauzer Molly
    NE Georgia
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 Ford F150XLT 5.0L 2WD, Equalizer WDH, factory towing package