User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    RyanSTL

NEW Floor Plan 312BHTS

We currently have a entry level Coachman that has treated us well for 5 years. I upgraded to a larger truck this year in anticipation of a new trailer in the near future. The 308 Floor plan was high on the list not only from GD but from a few others. Possibly looking to make a move in 2017....then up popped the newest floorplan that addresses some of the negatives about the 308 (mainly usability when packing, on the road and Bathroom access). This thing looks like now the strong leader but I have yet to see one anywhere on the internet and not even a mention of it here.

I might be the first to intro this new take on a Bunkhouse. Looks solid to me! Any opinions or comments??

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...rplans/312bhts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bigger awning, optional 12cu fridge, 40" tv, accessability to bathroom when slides r in, steps to upper bunk. All are improvements I have noticed. The negatives 1,000 lbs heavier, not knowing what tow vehicle you have would recommend a diesel.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious if you ended up buying one of the 312bhts? It is high on our list wondering how you like it if you did get one. Thanks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing this- I am so having remorse to what we got - the 308- there are things we are finding now - that are fustrating. although the weight limit would have pushed our rig pretty hard, maybe a blessing .
    Stroh-
    Steve and Michele
    2017 Grand Design 308 BHTS
    our 4th Trailer
    Her name is Ruby
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife and I also looked at the 312BHTS but just didn't care for where the TV was or the fireplace. For us the TV was in a bad spot, being it is located in the countertop we just didn't like that you could possibly spill something and have it run down into and on the TV and the fireplace and also didn't care for the TV being directly next to the bunk room. Kids sleeping in there and having the TV right next to the bedroom just didn't work for us. Also the loss of the large pantry my wife was not a fan of. If it wasn't for those things we might have very well went with the 312 because we really liked the kitchen and larger fridge. Either way the 308 will be here in 4-6 weeks and we can't wait to get it out for it's first trip!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the corner shower in the 308 and the angled tv/ fireplace- and do love that pantry. You pointed out some great points. We felt that the 308 towed beautiful on our first trip out and I do love the upgrades of the furry bunk covers and that it has a barn type door to close the bunk house-
    Its what fit our towing capacity and budget and we named her Ruby. Hope the time goes by fast - so you can get your new trailer home!
    Stroh-
    Steve and Michele
    2017 Grand Design 308 BHTS
    our 4th Trailer
    Her name is Ruby
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy, I'd really go for that floor plan, minus the bunk room. It's only me & my husband, so, don't need all that space. But I love the layout (especially the bathroom access with slides in).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to let you guys know. The 308BHTS is being discontinued. Dealer stock only the 312 BHTS is the only bunkhouse that will be offered in the reflection travel trailer line. I found this out this past week when I contacted a dealer to possibly place an order. What you find for sale on lots is what is available. [emoji26]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone, new to the Grand Design....I just bought (10/31/17) a new 312BHTS....upgraded tremendously from at Jayco 32BDSW. Both are bunk houses, and I'm excited about my new TT. I had a question, and wanted to ask anyone that has one of these models, (or GD travel trailers in general). I've noticed the fridge (Dometic brand) has a "whinning" sound occasionally....cycles off and on, and isn't terribly loud. Is this normal? I just want to make sure I don't have an early problem. Got burnt extremely bad on the construction and workmanship of the Jayco....that's why its gone!!!! Any help you can provide is welcomed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has a fan to improve the cooling
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2013 F350 Ultimate Lariat PSD/CC/LB/FX4