User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the factory do insurance repairs?

(Copied/ edited from my FB post,) Okay GDRV family, I need advice.

We had a major hail storm in Colorado Springs on 28 July and I have some damage to my Reflection 313RLTS. Progressive sent an adjuster today and they cut me a check for repairs. Which include a new roof on the main coach plus (the roof on) the curb side slide. A new rear window, ladder, both ACs,MaxxAir fans as well as all the skirting. Plus some other smaller items.

Now to my reason for seeking advice:

Will GDRV allow me to return to the factory for repairs? Or can these 'extensive' repairs be handled competently by the GDRV dealer? I'm sure the manufacturer will get it done a lot faster, and no doubt better if they will allow me to bring it in.
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dave,

I know that the Factory Service Centre has done warranty repairs in the past.

Andy Jackson
    Service Shop Manager
    Grand Design RV
    (574)825-8000 X3251

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, I'll check with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Dave,

I know that the Factory Service Centre has done warranty repairs in the past.

Andy Jackson
    Service Shop Manager
    Grand Design RV
    (574)825-8000 X3251

Rob
    Dave & Becky
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not every RV dealer is equipped to do all your repairs. But any good RV body shop can deal with your trailer. RV body shops are completely different businesses--most often overworked with more business than they can successfully and promptly repair properly.

The roof is probably the worst thing to deal with--quite expensive to remove the old roof and replace it with new roof.

I've never seen a slide completely replaced unless there's a collision. If it's a complete replacement, it may take a while to receive the slide. Grand Design's slides and so many parts arrive "just in time," and they have to have such pieces built specifically.

My kitchen slide was impaled, and it took about forever to receive replacement interior cabinets, paneling and trim--5 months of waiting. While my dealer has a sterling reputation, he has a very poorly run body shop that's as large of a business as the dealership's service operation.

Your Progressive insurance adjuster can probably tell you every RV body shop in your immediate vicinity. I just suggest you carefully choose who does your repairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. To clarify is only the roof on the slide to be replaced. Sadly the adjuster is from Virginia without a clue on local rv body shops.

I know of one in town, but I'm more than willing to deliver to Denver if there are good recommendations. Or back to GDRV if that's a possibility, and the best route for repairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Not every RV dealer is equipped to do all your repairs. But any good RV body shop can deal with your trailer. RV body shops are completely different businesses--most often overworked with more business than they can successfully and promptly repair properly.

The roof is probably the worst thing to deal with--quite expensive to remove the old roof and replace it with new roof.

I've never seen a slide completely replaced unless there's a collision. If it's a complete replacement, it may take a while to receive the slide. Grand Design's slides and so many parts arrive "just in time," and they have to have such pieces built specifically.

My kitchen slide was impaled, and it took about forever to receive replacement interior cabinets, paneling and trim--5 months of waiting. While my dealer has a sterling reputation, he has a very poorly run body shop that's as large of a business as the dealership's service operation.

Your Progressive insurance adjuster can probably tell you every RV body shop in your immediate vicinity. I just suggest you carefully choose who does your repairs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Dave & Becky
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The factory shop did body work for us. Tim Reams was the manager then, as mentioned above, Andy now. I know lead time will be the challenge now, but you are the one who chooses the shop, if there is a cost discrepancy the shop will explain the difference and a supplemental check will be issued. We lived in Castle Rock before full timing- we know how bad Colorado hail can be!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysdaddy View Post
    (Copied/ edited from my FB post,) Okay GDRV family, I need advice.

We had a major hail storm in Colorado Springs on 28 July and I have some damage to my Reflection 313RLTS. Progressive sent an adjuster today and they cut me a check for repairs. Which include a new roof on the main coach plus (the roof on) the curb side slide. A new rear window, ladder, both ACs,MaxxAir fans as well as all the skirting. Plus some other smaller items.

Now to my reason for seeking advice:

Will GDRV allow me to return to the factory for repairs? Or can these 'extensive' repairs be handled competently by the GDRV dealer? I'm sure the manufacturer will get it done a lot faster, and no doubt better if they will allow me to bring it in.
    Hi Dave & Becky (@dannysdaddy)

You are welcome to contact JD Adams, our Service Shop Manager, directly to discuss -- he can be reached at (574) 825-9679.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Janice View Post
    Hi Dave & Becky (@dannysdaddy)

You are welcome to contact JD Adams, our Service Shop Manager, directly to discuss -- he can be reached at (574) 825-9679.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Thanks Janice, JD was a pleasure to speak with and I think we have a plan to get my Reflection back to new condition!
    Dave & Becky
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS