User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtlakejim

Trim differences between Momentum and solitude

With GD now offering two "crossover" models the Momentum 376 and Solitude 374 I have to ask what is the specific differences in the trim between the two. GD sales reps are having a hard time describing the exact differences where I can understand them (I'm not sure they know themselves) and I we haven't found any dealers with two sitting side by side yet.

I understand that the momentum can come from the factory with the generator and that the solitude will NOT have the refueling station. Since we don't need the refueling station that isn't a big deal and the MSRP is significantly less (about 5K) between the two. However we would want the generator and I'm not sure if adding it at the dealer will cost the difference if not more. So it is down to which trim we like the best.

It also looks like the momentum only has 3 step entry where the solitude has a 4 step entry that looks like it might be a little nicer?

Any thoughts on the subject?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have different exterior color
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

mtlakejim
    Thanks LC,
    You proably pass by us going from MO to FL. We live just off Hwy 65. How do you like the way the Ram pulls the 379? We just bought a 3500 DRW 4x4 crew cab last week. Got the factory 24K hitch because I really like the idea of the take the hitch out and have a completely flat bed with no rails! Way better than the Ford F250 we had before.

mtlakejim
    Oh let us know what campgrounds you like best in the Florida panhandle. We like to go too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
    With GD now offering two "crossover" models the Momentum 376 and Solitude 374 I have to ask what is the specific differences in the trim between the two. GD sales reps are having a hard time describing the exact differences where I can understand them (I'm not sure they know themselves) and I we haven't found any dealers with two sitting side by side yet.

I understand that the momentum can come from the factory with the generator and that the solitude will NOT have the refueling station. Since we don't need the refueling station that isn't a big deal and the MSRP is significantly less (about 5K) between the two. However we would want the generator and I'm not sure if adding it at the dealer will cost the difference if not more. So it is down to which trim we like the best.

It also looks like the momentum only has 3 step entry where the solitude has a 4 step entry that looks like it might be a little nicer?

Any thoughts on the subject?
    If you get the Solitude without the generator, you could put in a better generator like a big Honda with the invertor technology. It will get better mileage (hour per gallon).
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks LC,
    You proably pass by us going from MO to FL. We live just off Hwy 65. How do you like the way the Ram pulls the 379? We just bought a 3500 DRW 4x4 crew cab last week. Got the factory 24K hitch because I really like the idea of the take the hitch out and have a completely flat bed with no rails! Way better than the Ford F250 we had before.
    My Ram is a beast. I've drug that big ol Solitude up and down some big hills with no trouble. Truckers frown when I pass them going up hill. We have a garage and 8 acres near Poplar Bluff
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

mtlakejim
    Yep I have had a lot of trouble out of Onan gens. Heard a lot of other people complain about them too. At one time you could have said it is the best out there but that was eons ago. Don't know why the RV companies still persist with using them other than they are usually laid out in a nice flat package that can be cramped into a tight compartment.....And that doesn't even start to discuss the exceedingly high price for them and fact that they are behind the curve when it comes to fuel injection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh let us know what campgrounds you like best in the Florida panhandle. We like to go too.
    We stay on Military bases in the panhandle. My favorite is Blue angel Rec area in Pensacola

mtlakejim
    I'm not military unless you count Civil Air Patrol. Our pastor is however and I'm jealous of some of the really nice parks he stays at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I have had a lot of trouble out of Onan gens. Heard a lot of other people complain about them too. At one time you could have said it is the best out there but that was eons ago. Don't know why the RV companies still persist with using them other than they are usually laid out in a nice flat package that can be cramped into a tight compartment.....And that doesn't even start to discuss the exceedingly high price for them and fact that they are behind the curve when it comes to fuel injection.
    A lot of the problems people face stem from two things...

> Not running the generator often enough (two hours each month is recommended).

> Using fuel with ethanol. That's the worst thing for smaller engines like this, ATV's, etc. If you go to sites like www.Pure-Gas.org you can find stations in most areas that sell ethanol-free fuel. That makes a world of difference. Also, treating the fuel when in storage with something like Sea Foam or Sta-Bil helps.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast