User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 3150BH Sink Insert cover ideas...

Our Imagine 3150BH never can with a insert to cover up the sink. We liked that feature in our old coach and wondering if other models of the Grand Design fleet came with this? We have a custom plastic company in town and was thinking about coming up with a template for the sink and having something made with a cutting board type material...Any idea's or suggestions?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the reflection 5th wheel and it does have an insert over sink. Not the same as counter, just a black plastic so would have one made if you can.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours came with a black plastic sink cover that we never use. My wife found a cutting board that fits over one side of the sink. I'm going to make a split cover out of HDPE to use as cutting boards. Wonder where we put that black plastic cover.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought 2 of those plastic cutting boards from Sam's and used the black one for a template and cut a 2 piece cover with radius corners. Then I have two cutting boards and a 2 piece cover. I drilled an 1.25" in each one to get them out. I tossed the thin black thing. It works pretty well for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davido View Post
    I just bought 2 of those plastic cutting boards from Sam's and used the black one for a template and cut a 2 piece cover with radius corners. Then I have two cutting boards and a 2 piece cover. I drilled an 1.25" in each one to get them out. I tossed the thin black thing. It works pretty well for us.
    I've had the same thought, except in wood, allow them to be real cutting boards! Possibly this Fall once the weather starts to cool some.
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got an HDPE cutting board with a cut-out for carrying it on one end, not quite as thick as countertop. Had to cut the length a little, width not quite full 1side sink width. Cut a little off the corners at 45 degrees for water to escape at the corners. Will route about a 3/8 to 1/2" wide shallow groove around the outside edge and have it meet up at the handle hole for a drain. My wife and I like the size because we can slide it side to side or to the middle.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 5th wheel was displayed with sink covers that matched the countertop, but was delivered without them. After I complained to GD, my dealer shipped me the missing covers. I have a cutting board from my old RV that fits the sink, so I typically set the covers aside while I am cooking, have the cutting board over one sink and the other sink open for use. When we're not cooking, the sink covers go back on to provide a little more room for putting stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design advertises sink covers in their brochure, but the dealer told us they don't come with one......I'm a bit pissed off at them!!! I went to TAP Plastics with my template and had a full sink and a 1/2 sink cutting board made for $80. LOVE the extra counter space and the 1/2 board for cutting up veggies and scraping debris into the sink. Going to the dealer about the GD brochure listing.
    Cord & Alison Ozment
    Kinsey (Aus Shep X Blk Lab)
    San Ramon, CA

2017 Imagine 2150RB

Tow Vehicle = 2011 Lexus GX460

Toy = 2011 Lexus IS350C

Destinations = Relaxation, Wine Country, Golf, Beach, Sedona.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]