User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kfwbird View Post
    I have a 2021 GD 29RS. If I drain the water from the two low point drains, why do I need to winterize (put antifreeze in my fresh water tank)?
    If there is no water then why?
    Thanks
    Chances are there is still water in there. The low point drains are typically not located at the actual extreme lowest point of tanks. There may not be a lot, or maybe just some residue, but there'll be some in there.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 GD 29RS. If I drain the water from the two low point drains, why do I need to winterize (put antifreeze in my fresh water tank)?
    Thanks
    Even if you drain the water from the low points, the fresh water tank, and the black and gray tanks, some water remains in the pump, the flush toilet, hot water tank and in the plumbing lines. There is also water in the s-traps under each sink. Running anti-freeze thru the entire system and fixtures prevents hard freeze damage.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Even if you drain the water from the low points, the fresh water tank, and the black and gray tanks, some water remains in the pump, the flush toilet, hot water tank and in the plumbing lines. There is also water in the s-traps under each sink. Running anti-freeze thru the entire system and fixtures prevents hard freeze damage. Water stays in the weirdest places. I winterize a neighbor's summer camp each fall. There's only two sinks, a shower, toilet, and hot-water heater. The supply pump is in my house. It's a pain. We drain all the lines, then blow out the lines and drains, then put antifreeze in the drains. This place has no appliances and the low point drain is 6 feet underground, and we open all faucets to get them to drain. Last step is blowing air in each faucet until no water drains. The guy doesn't want me to run antifreeze thru his supply lines, so he's had freezing, and I've replaced all his copper and steel pipe with pex, which can deal with the freezing. At least it has so far.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disinfecting the fresh water tank generates a lot of water. Where do you dump it? Is there some sort of connection to drain it into the sewer?
    Lloyd_TX

2023 Solitude 310GK - 2023 RAM 3500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_TX View Post
    Disinfecting the fresh water tank generates a lot of water. Where do you dump it? Is there some sort of connection to drain it into the sewer?
    It depends upon where I am as to how I dump the tank. If I'm at a campground I will usually open the valve as I leave the dump station or exit the campground. At home I have fashioned a hookup that allows me to use a piece of PVC I run into my downspout drain which takes it into the woods. There isn't a standard hose you can purchase that I am aware of.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2023 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by retired_engineer View Post
    It depends upon where I am as to how I dump the tank. If I'm at a campground I will usually open the valve as I leave the dump station or exit the campground. At home I have fashioned a hookup that allows me to use a piece of PVC I run into my downspout drain which takes it into the woods. There isn't a standard hose you can purchase that I am aware of.
    That makes sense. Thank you.
    Lloyd_TX

2023 Solitude 310GK - 2023 RAM 3500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12