Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad odor coming from front masterbedroom

I have a 2016 imagine 2800bh. We have been out approx. 8 times and since warn weather we are getting a foul odor coming from the master bedroom when we take a shower with the bathroom vent running to let steam out. The AC is own but no odor from the vents. It`s almost like the smell is being pulled through the walls. I am parked at a full time covered camping site. I have grained and flushed the black tank until nothing but clear water is coming out, but as long as water is being run in the shower and the vent open we get the odor that fills the entire trailer. But it starts and is strongest in the front bedroom. When I am using full hookups I keep all drain valves closed until I am ready to leave or the tank shows 2/3rd full. I have not noticed any leaking from under the trailer. I checked all the plumbing fittings inside the trailer, tighten any that were a little loose, I have been on the roof and pulled all the plumbing vent caps, found 2 that the pipe through the roof don`t line up with the vent collar, the 1 over the bathroom, the pipe comes up 1-2" above the collar. I don`t know if this is stopping up the vent pipe or makes any difference. All I know this odor is bad and we can not stay in the trailer until all the windows and vent are opened and aired out. Airing out the trailer when it`s 95 deg outside is a pain. Has anyone had this problem, and its not coming from the water heater, I know the smell. Could a pipe have come apart in a wall?? I always keep water in the toilet bowl and treatment in the black tank. Any help from any of you fellow RV`ers or the factory rep would be great as I am quicky losing faith in DG Products. Thanks, James
    James and Penny Morris
    2016 Imagine 2800BH
    2014 Ram 1500 Std. cab, SWB, 5.7 Hemi 8sp Auto
    EZlift WDH with twin sway bars

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sinks in RVs typically have what is called an Air Admittance Valve, rather than a vent to the roof like you would find in a house. The roof top vent run directly to the gray and black tanks.

The AAVs GD uses tend to fail (cheap), easily fixed by picking up a replacement at someplace like Home Depot or Lowes. One thing to watch for when selecting a replacement AAV is the thread type, male or female. Naturally I bought the wrong one on my first trip to Home Depot.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As carnolddsm said, start with replacing AAV.

If that doesn't work start looking for the Black tank washer "vacuum break/check valve" if it is failing it could allow odor into the wall space wherever it is located.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James & Penny--see attached thread for recent pictures in my post #52 (there are others deeper in the post as well) where I replaced lower cost factory and replacement AAV with higher cost and hopefully much better AAVs. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...7960#post77960

While I have not seen pictures of location(s) for the 2800, I trust they may be similar. We have not had a problem with our Black tank washer "vacuum break/check valve" of which Jim references but if we do, ours is behind our shower.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for the info. I will start with replacing the AAV`s. I am still learning about RV construction, will post an answer once I get them replaced on my next trip to the trailer.
    James and Penny Morris
    2016 Imagine 2800BH
    2014 Ram 1500 Std. cab, SWB, 5.7 Hemi 8sp Auto
    EZlift WDH with twin sway bars

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had leaking AAV under the kitchen sink. Was not able to get a replacement where we were camped so I unscrewed the valve and tapped it lightly on a table. A couple dead beetles fell out. It has worked ok since, about three weeks now.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are these the ones? https://www.amazon.com/Studor-20346-...5B50E80B5FY1CB

And if they are.......are the threads the same size in our 2800BH and how many Vents are there to replace......thanks......

Diesel
    "Uncommon valor was a common virtue"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is one of them. I believe it will come with two sizes for pipe diameter. Threads will match. Probably one under each sink.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE