User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue LED Frame lights and switches

I wasnt able to find this out there in my searching so thought I would post it. Note:this took 3 rolls of the 16.4 foot led light strips and 3 rolls of vinyl tubing this is on my Momentum 348 which is 38'5".
    We like the blue led theme so decided to continue it by finishing the led strip lights around the frame and changing the lighted switches inside from red to blue.
    Finished product
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160905_202729.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	5458

I ordered the 16.4 foot strips from amazon and picked up 20 foot rolls of clear vinyl 3/8 ID tubing and clips from Lowes. after unrolling the tubing, used a vacuum cleaning to suck a piece of string through the tubing, then taped it to the end of the led strips and pulled them through slowly. I then soldered wire to the short leads on the led strips and pulled the connections into the tubing, trimmed both ends and sealed with silicone to be completely waterproof. I used some bulk 16/2 landscape wiring from lowes to wire together and run under the belly to where the spare tire is mounted and straight up into the area where the plumbing and wiring is at, then up to the interior switch panel and wired to the "Interior" light switch which I had previously moved to a wall outside of the cabinet so I wouldnt have to open that cabinet door every time I wanted to turn on the lights. so the original "Step" light turns on the front half of the frame and the blue led in the steps and the "Interior" light turns on the rest of the frame.

Name:	Amazon blue LEDs.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	5461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lowes.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	5460
    The frame rail in the rear dropped down so I add a piece of angle strapping and zipped tied the led strip to that so you wouldnt be able to see them from the rear and it would just glow under the frame.

Name:	Lights rear frame.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	5492
    At the same time, I changed the lighted switches from red to blue. I have since changed all of them, but didnt get an updated picture. The only non lighted switch is the pump switch as I could not find lighted 3-way switches when I added a 2nd pump switch to the wet bay, so I followed 2825Matheny's excellent lead and added an indicator light, blue led of course, at both switch locations.

Name:	20160829_194819.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	5462
    Bryan
    2016 Momentum 348

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of lighted switches. Going to add a lighted one for the main as well and relo outside the cabinet
    Taj & Carmen (Counting the days...)
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2016 F350 DRW Lariat FX4
    Discovery Bay Ca

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about using a lighted one for the main interior light switch when i moved it but decided against it, behind the cabinet door didnt bother me bu thought it might on the wall staring me in the eye. I went with one of these that matched the other switches in my coach.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Bryan
    2016 Momentum 348

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the LIKE button? That was a nice clean way to do the rear lighting.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's way cool, right there
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I understand correctly 1 16.5'roll of led lights did all that was shown in the picture?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I updated the post to include that this took 3 rolls of led strips and 3 rolls of the vinyl tubing this is on my Momentum 348 which lists at 38'5". I also added a picture of the rear frame rail where I added a piece galvanized angle so the led strip would stay hidden and just glow under the trailer.
    I wasnt able to add any more pictures so here is a shot of how I sealed the tubing and where I had relocated the interior light switch too.

Name:	led sealed.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	5493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light switch.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	5494
    Bryan
    2016 Momentum 348

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My weekend project will be installing the blue lights underneath my reflection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the details on that! We were looking at the trailer last weekend and thinking that it would be great to have some LED's under the rear section too. I'm going to bookmark the parts you used. Thank you again!
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so a little tip it will take more than one person to do this mod the clear tubes are not easy to maneuver alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast