Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dry Camp Question - Fresh Water Tank

Newbie to RV'ing having just purchased a 2017 Solitude 300GK. After an exhausting "walk through" and orientation at the dealer, my wife and I camped at an RV resort with full hook-ups and sewer. A seamless and successful weekend with no problems, other than Black and Gray tanks mislabeled. I thought that was a cruel joke for GD to play on a newbie who was already a little nervous about the Black tank!!! This weekend, we will dry camp for the first time, and my question is related to the fresh water fill and tank. During the orientation, the tech told me there was a very important step that must be taken before changing the valves in the utility center from dry camp back to the city water settings. Problem is, I don't remember that very important step!! We were exhausted by this point and felt like we were drinking from a firehose! Is this step related to releasing pressure from the lines and draining them, and if so, how do I accomplish that properly? Anything else I need to know related to fresh water fill process, water pump or general use? I've read the manual but sometimes better to get feedback from folks who have been there. Thanks for any guidance!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a different fill system, but I usually turn city water off, open valve on outside shower to release the water pressure, switch valve to fill, turn city water off. My pump will run continuously if it's on while I fill fresh water
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AS LC said, turn off the city water or water pump and open a faucet to relieve the water pressure in the system, then rotate the valve in the utility center to fill the fw tank.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we picked up our 303 after having some work done we were told by GD that it is also a good idea to always turn the valve in a clock-ward direction. I imagine that would be a good idea to help not have the seals fail.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also a new Solitude owner; my wife & I just purchased a 2017 300GK. I was reading the post by bzachary above and was surprised to see the same problem my unit has, namely that the gray and black tank valves are mislabeled! However, I looked on the dealers lot at other Solitude 5th wheels and noticed that all of the Solitude models have the gray valve on the left and the black valve on the right. I'm thinking that someone at the factory hooked the valves up backwards from what they should be.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I've heard of the releasing pressure.. I always wondered about that. I generally kill water input while changing, but I haven't dropped pressure. I fill my fresh tank fairly regularly as a lot of our parks only have power hookups.
    2015 Laramie 3500 MegaCab 4x4 DRW Maximum Steel
    Aisin | 4.10 | Air Assist | 37,800 GCWR
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 365DEN
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1459/...75d6a83b_n.jpg