Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actual height of the 2016/2017 Reflection 303RLS????

We've been looking at the 303 RLS models for the past 3 years and have finally decided to purchase in the Spring of 2017. Our only remaining issue is what is the actual height.
    We just discovered that the skylight dome over the shower rises significantly above the rest of the roof and we've only been able to get "guesstimates" from dealers.
    We have covered RV storage, but clearance will be very close. Has anyone measured their actual exterior height - including this skylight? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Designs web-site lists the 303 RLS at 12'0" with one AC unit. I think if you opt for the second AC it gets taller.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BabyBober!
    That was what we originally thought, but when we went in to the dealership, we were informed that the domed skylight over the shower actually rises above the 12'.
    One of the salesmen tried to measure the overall height, but the unit in the yard was on uneven ground and not level at all. He finally estimated the height with the dome
    to be "around" 12' 9". With the terrain and lean of the unit, I don't believe that number is any closer than a rough guess. That extra 9" means we'll have to literally raise our roof.
    I sent a request to Grand Design last year, but got no reply. I will send another request soon and when/if I get an answer I will post it.
    Again, thanks for your response.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "actual height" is going to have a lot to do with how level the ground is and the height of the hitch in your truck.
    A bathroom vent cover or a forward AC unit is definitely going to be taller than the shower skylight.
    I will take some measurements on ours and get back to you.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks Rob!
    We aren't planning to add the second A/C unit over the bedroom for now. If we do in the future, there's no doubt we'll have to extend the height of our RV port.
    In the meantime, the actual height will dictate whether I dig down (the surface is gravel) 4-6" or bring out someone to help me improve/replace the existing structure.
    It was at the house when we bought it so have tried to find appropriate fifth wheel that could fit. Yikes!! What a journey!
    Again, I appreciate your time and your effort. (Happy climbing!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little Ray--just measured ours and adjusting for driveway down slope ours measures 140" to the top of the shower sky light. Our 2014 was listed at 11' 11" in the initial GDRV 303 brochure so I am a little surprised at this 140" measurement. The AC top point measures even less than 140". The TV antenna extends above the high flat area of roof where the shower sky light does as well but it is less than the skylight. Now remember that 2" frame spaces were added to 303 frames in early 2015 so add 2" to my measurements for any 303 after that time frame. As always, YMMV......so measure twice and cut once !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dan!
    So 140 + 2...so roughly 11' 10". I gotta tell you, it's been a journey trying to get this information and no two sources agree.
    I sure appreciate the time you took to get these numbers. It's gonna help trying to get my RV hangar ready for the new arrival.
    Don't want to clip anything the first time I back in. Great picture, btw. That camper looks good on you!
    Again, THANKS!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2014 303. My trailer pulls pretty close to level, hooked to the truck on level ground I get exactly 12'.
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    That certainly agrees with what Dan found.
    We will still have to either raise the roof or replace the structure at our place anyway, but now I know how high is "high enough."
    We hope to have a new addition (Reflection 303rls 2017 or 2018) some time next year. We currently are pulling a Roo 21 Hybrid which has been great, but not for the long-haul.
    I don't expect our 2012 F-2150 6.7 Short bed Diesel Crew Cab to have a problem with the new fiver, but I will have to get a sliding hitch. So far, thinking about the B&W. Have heard some good things about. Was originally going after the Pullrite Autoglide, but the RV dealership doesn't install them. They say they have too many problems - mostly stemming from having to back straight in with no room for angled approach.
    Again, thanks for the time and information.
    Little Ray

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooops. Just realized I have a fat-finger mistake. My rig is an F-250. (Not F-2150....)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast