User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Encounter with new GD Customer Service Manager (very positive)

If you have seen my thread on issues with the suspension on our 2016 Reflection 337RLS, you may remember that we were planning on towing the unit to Elkhart, IN, to have the MOR/ryde independent suspension and disc brakes installed. As we approached Elkhart on the turnpike, we passed right by the Grand Design Customer Service Center (not the factory) in Bristol, IN, and made note of how close it is to Elkhart. On one of the days MOR/ryde was working on our unit - and at my wife's urging - we drove over to the GD CS Center to see if we could speak with someone in management and relate our experiences.

We arrived a little after 10:00 AM as "walk-ins" and waited a short while for Brad Smith, the newly-minted Customer Service Manager, to get out of a meeting. Mr. Smith then came out and greeted us. He ended up spending a little over a half hour - out of what I'm sure was a busy day - talking with us. He was not defensive in any way and he was informative and listened carefully to what we had to say. My intent here is not to go into the details of our discussion but to tell about what was a very positive and productive encounter with a person who seemed extremely well-suited to the position. We could not have been happier with the way things went and my wife and I both feel that our experience that day is just another example of why Grand Design has the reputation it does in the industry and why I will continue to be an "unofficial ambassador" for Grand Design as we continue through our RV life.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, it's too bad y'all missed the rally! I understand your reason, but we had a chance to get up close and personal with, Ron, Don and Bill. Grand Design and Lippert had techs present all week correcting issues for people. Hope y'all can make it next year
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, I had the a similar conversation with them on my way to MorRyde a couple weeks ago. I also agree the guys (and ladies) at the service center are good peeps and very willing to listen and help. They do some solid work as well and we were quite pleased when we got our trailer back after they made several repairs.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brad has helped me out also, he is a great guy. Very down to earth and real, you can tell he actually cares and it's not just his job. It's awesome how GD finds some of the best to work for them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2015 RAM Cummins B&W Companion Slider

2015 Solitude 365DEN

Anthony, Amanda, and their 2 munchkins. Fulltiming.