User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone Use One of Theses Behind a Solitude.

We are looking at the single wheel system to tow a Cricket golf cart that weights 303 lbs. We are ordering a Solitude and having the dealership install a Class IV hitch on the back Solitude. The people at Cricket says that you could use a standard platform and class IV hitch but I would feel more secure with the single wheel version in the link below. I would add a backup camera and tire pressure system. Any Comments????

http://www.cruiserlift.com/swivelwheel.html

Here is the info on the Cricket

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...F98C&FORM=VIRE
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been some discussion about adding to rear voiding frame warranty. You might want to contact Lippert
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    There has been some discussion about adding to rear voiding frame warranty. You might want to contact Lippert
    Lippert sells to the public hitches that fit their frames but I do know it could be a problem if something happens. I was also told if it's put on by authorized dealer it won't void the warranty then I was told it would - who knows. I read on another forum that Lippert voided a warranty for changing out a pin box to a different style.

https://store.lci1.com/products/stor...glish&limit=36
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took some measurements while at Hershey and I think the Cricket may fit in the basement. I measure the basement in 310GK and passengers side opening is was 29 1/2 high X 46 wide. The cricket in the stowed format is 28 high x 32 wide x 58 deep. The only measurement I'm not sure of is the depth before the wall turns to docking station. I'm a little concerned about 303 pounds weight that far forward.
    Dennis & Ellie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't answer your question but that Cricket is a slick looking machine. How much are they selling for ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Can't answer your question but that Cricket is a slick looking machine. How much are they selling for ?
    The 36 volt version around 3600 and options for tops etc you can run the price up.
    Dennis & Ellie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too unreasonable. Thanks !

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd just suggest you get the frame warranty coverage in writing. In all our travels over 2 years I've almost never seen a 5ver towing anything. Once or twice, but it just generally is not done, and my understanding is that our frames don't accommodate towing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    I'd just suggest you get the frame warranty coverage in writing. In all our travels over 2 years I've almost never seen a 5ver towing anything. Once or twice, but it just generally is not done, and my understanding is that our frames don't accommodate towing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I thought about that and I have seen a lot of the new 5er coming with cargo trays on the frame just in front of the back bumper with 300 to 400 pound weight limits. What this is a cargo platform with a wheel that takes a percentage of the weight off the rear of the frame. They estimated the tongue weight between 150 and 200 lbs with the 303 pound Cricket on it which would fall within the hitch limits of the hitch the factory puts on the Reflections. Lippert makes a hitch they sell to the public for their frames that claims to pull a Bass Boat. Maybe more research is required.
    Dennis & Ellie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm not mistaken, the frame warranty is just 1 year anyways. I think I'd find a trailer repair shop and ask them about any reinforcements that they would suggest for what you want to do. I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be very costly to add some additional steel to the frame, if that was even needed. Have you checked on RV.Net or IRV2.com for anyone that has bought a Cricket ( or something similar) and asked what they've done ? I'm sure you can make this work for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast