User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Joshwaa

Not so great experience with Grand Design Reflection

Just wanted to let you know we purchased a Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS from LazyDays in Seffner, FL this past Saturday (Sept 17th). Unfortunately so far it has been a very bad experience. We stayed in it Saturday night at the Lazydays Resort next to the dealership. Woke up Sunday morning way to early due to the ceiling dripping water out of the light fixtures in the front bedroom. Now I have to worry about where else the water went and if the dealer will replace the ceiling that was wet and insulation (I am scared of mold issues). Also noticed that the dinette was coming apart by the wall. Then when we were packing up and draining the tanks I got a face full of gray water due to the shut of valve leaking (at least it was not black water). I have to say this is the first of my 3 RV's I have owned to ever have problems like this. Also the brochure said it came with a black label pillow top mattress. For some reason ours had a Denver Classic non pillow top (it felt like sleeping on the floor). I bought the Grand Design as I though I was buying the best travel trailer made, please tell me that I was not mistaken. For icing on the cake the dealer can not promise me that it will be all fixed by Sept 30 which I need it for a group camping event that I have already payed for in full.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please call Grand Design customer service and explain the problems with this brand new unit. They will get involved with the dealer to make sure you're taken care of. The number is:

Jim

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of the issues you are having. Know one thing though, Grand Design will get you taken care of. If Lazy Days (who is known for not good service) does not get your issues fixed in a reasonable amount of time, call Grand Design directly. Have seen over and over where they will either get the ball rolling a lot faster or authorize a non GD dealer or repair shop to get the work done for you.
    Good luck, and after these initial issues are fixed enjoy your new camper.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Joshwaa
    I will give them a call in the morning. Thanks for the help all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck! I sure hope everything works out for you
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Push for a flat cancellation on the deal. It's too much to go wrong, and the dealership could have caught many of those problems on the PDI.

Joshwaa
    Is that within my abilities to do. Can you cancel a deal after using it for a night? What would that do for me? What if the next one has new and more interesting problems? Just not sure what to do. Guess I will decide what to do after talking to GD tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshwaa View Post
    Is that within my abilities to do. Can you cancel a deal after using it for a night? What would that do for me? What if the next one has new and more interesting problems? Just not sure what to do. Guess I will decide what to do after talking to GD tomorrow.
    I think you need to check with a lawyer
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    I think you need to check with a lawyer
    +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Joshwaa
    I contacted Grand Design, and he said he will call me back and see what they can do. I will keep y'all posted. I just wish they could do something about my better half telling me I should not have purchased another camper.
    Last edited by Joshwaa; 09-21-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast