User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry a pocket knife in my right pant pocket and don't require a license up here in Canada. Lol just bugging you all.
    I think if we could then a probably would.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    I have never had the inclination to purchase a handgun until this past spring/summer. With all the protests and riots it finally made sense. I live in Arizona which has fairly liberal gun laws, even so I decided it prudent to obtain my Arizona CCW permit after I purchased my Sig Sauer M18 9mm for home protection. The Sig just so happens to tag along with my wife and I when we travel with the RV. Like many of the prior posts I too take the time to look at each state law we intend to travel but it does make it a tad bit easier knowing that 37 states recognize my CCW permit.
    The last time I fired anything was a bolt action .22 rifle at boy scout camp in the late 70's... that was until this year. The zombie apocalypse is here or is coming, so I figured I need to be able to defend myself. I am generally a law abiding citizen, but sometimes there are overriding circumstances (like the people stuck on the wrong side of the lower New England iron curtain).

Nobody knows what I have and nobody will, unless I have to use it (them?). Don't ask; don't tell applies to this and many other situations.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pack a ? in my TT when camping. It's unloaded and in a safe place. I take it everywhere regardless of whether my CCL is valid. It only leaves my TT when we are out hiking or mtn biking in remote areas.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While this thread is interesting for all the laws (and insanity around those laws) cited, I think a lot of this comes down to the "overweight/sticker rating" on trucks. Yes, it might be illegal in some jurisdictions, yes, it's probably possible to get a fine (and maybe even get your RV impounded). Is it really something to worry about though?? I mean, the chances of getting stopped in an RV are already slim (hard to go over the speed limit), the chances of a search of the RV even slimmer, the chances that search finds a firearm that happens to run afoul of the law? We have to be getting into the .0001%. The time it's going to be caught is if you have to use that firearm to defend yourself, and, in that circumstance, the line "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes to mind. Don't be an idiot about it, but if you have a CCL in your home state, and keep the firearm in the RV in a locked case (when traveling), I think your chances of having a problem approach that of a meteorite strike.

Yes, we should all follow the law. But, the number of laws, and the conflict in those laws between states has reached the level of "it's impossible to do so". There's a funny article out there that's kind of made me think years ago when I read it, it's something like "5 felonies a day". The gist of the article is that a lot of people commit several/many felony level offenses a day and don't even realize it. Stuff that could put you in jail for years, but so benign as to not even be recognized as a crime. Just think about the roadways, how long does a cop have to follow you before you break a law? 10 feet? 10 miles? IDK, but it's "not far", generating probable cause for a traffic stop is laughably easy because, in effect, we're all breaking the law at some point in any drive over a few hundred yards.

This simply wouldn't be something I'd worry about too much. Lock the gun in the RV, don't brandish it about in the campground (or anywhere else), and, well; who's gonna know unless you have to use it? And if you have to use it, regardless of the outcome, trust me, you'll be happy you had it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    While this thread is interesting for all the laws (and insanity around those laws) cited, I think a lot of this comes down to the "overweight/sticker rating" on trucks. Yes, it might be illegal in some jurisdictions, yes, it's probably possible to get a fine (and maybe even get your RV impounded). Is it really something to worry about though?? I mean, the chances of getting stopped in an RV are already slim (hard to go over the speed limit), the chances of a search of the RV even slimmer, the chances that search finds a firearm that happens to run afoul of the law? We have to be getting into the .0001%. The time it's going to be caught is if you have to use that firearm to defend yourself, and, in that circumstance, the line "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes to mind. Don't be an idiot about it, but if you have a CCL in your home state, and keep the firearm in the RV in a locked case (when traveling), I think your chances of having a problem approach that of a meteorite strike.

Yes, we should all follow the law. But, the number of laws, and the conflict in those laws between states has reached the level of "it's impossible to do so". There's a funny article out there that's kind of made me think years ago when I read it, it's something like "5 felonies a day". The gist of the article is that a lot of people commit several/many felony level offenses a day and don't even realize it. Stuff that could put you in jail for years, but so benign as to not even be recognized as a crime. Just think about the roadways, how long does a cop have to follow you before you break a law? 10 feet? 10 miles? IDK, but it's "not far", generating probable cause for a traffic stop is laughably easy because, in effect, we're all breaking the law at some point in any drive over a few hundred yards.

This simply wouldn't be something I'd worry about too much. Lock the gun in the RV, don't brandish it about in the campground (or anywhere else), and, well; who's gonna know unless you have to use it? And if you have to use it, regardless of the outcome, trust me, you'll be happy you had it.

Thank you, well said.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post

Well said. Remember, "No ticky, no laundry." If they want to search your vehicle for a weapon, they better come with a piece of paper saying they can. No paper, no entry.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456