User Tag List

Btwt21

Can the tv sound be played through the stereo speakers

HI,
    I have a 2017 2600RB and would like the TV sound to play through the stereo speakers on the ceiling of the camper. I have tried using the cable that came with the stereo to connect the TV speaker out on the back of the TV to the AUX input on the front of the stereo with no luck. Any one have any ideas? Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tv sound comes out sound bar above tv when stereo in in aux and volume is cranked up to 20
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L.C.'s Solitude may be set up differently than the Imagines. If you have the Furrion system (3100, etc.), the answer is no. If you search the forum you will find numerous threads where owners of (mostly Reflections) have replaced/bypassed the Furrion systems with decent quality sound bars and subwoofers driven by the TV audio outputs. This way, any audio source (DVD, over-the-air TV, satellite) being viewed on the TV plays back through your sound bar system. In our case, the sound bar has mutiliple, switchable inputs and we play music on an Android tablet through the sound bar via Blu-Tooth.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the Furrion 1200 you CAN get the sound out through the speakers. It has both Coaxial and Optical digital audio inputs. As long as the installed TV has a digital audio output (the Haier units do), you can connect that to the 1200, and select that input on the radio. It will then come out the ceiling speakers.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the OEM basic Furrion sound system and Haier TV and can play the TV sound through the ceiling speakers.

The TV headphone output on the back of the TV is adapted to RCA plugs and routed to the Aux input on the Furrion. This also turns off the TV speakers. The sound system needs to be cranked to 35 because the headphone input is so low and then the TV remote gives normal volume control through the ceiling speakers without background hiss. Probably would not be acceptable to audiophiles, but works for us.

another Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Btwt21
    Great info thank you all! the tv in this 2600RB is a TCI that does not have a headphone jack but does have a SPDIF output and the furron is the 3200.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in a Reflection TT, with Furrion 3100 and TCL tele. I found that the output from the tv was connected to the stereo, just incorrectly. I removed the cover plate, and screws, and reconnected the red white and yellow RCA jacks to the av out and input on the tv. Confirmed that there were audio input jacks connected as well. Now I have dvd and tv audio thru the tv and overhead speakers with a change of input on the unit while in use.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have TCL tv as well. Only has digital rca out. I bought a fosmon digital to analog converter. Then used a digital coax rca cable from the tv to the converter. Then from the converter I used 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable to the Furrion aux input on the front of the unit. Hit the aux input on the Furrion and you'll have sound from the speakers. All this could be avoided of course if the TCL TV had a headphone audio out jack . This is the converter.

https://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-Digita...ital+to+analog.

The digital coax I used was this:

https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-U...l+cable+4+feet

And any 3.5mm cable like this will do the trick:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-...mm+audio+cable

Btwt21
    Wow great info and thank you to all that helped me out. I bought a $29 digital to analog converter from bestbuy. Then removed the furrion radio and connected the output of the converter to the AUX input on the back of the radio. Thanks Redwing13.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Btwt21 View Post
    Wow great info and thank you to all that helped me out. I bought a $29 digital to analog converter from bestbuy. Then removed the furrion radio and connected the output of the converter to the AUX input on the back of the radio. Thanks Redwing13.
    Your welcome glad I could help. I was planning on pulling out my Furrion as well to hook up to aux in the back in place of using the the 3.5 mm cable hooked in the front. One less cable hanging off the front of the cabinets. Cleaner look.