Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satellite tv unit. Which unit ?

This is beyond my experience level ? What systems are people buying ? Most reliable, ease of use, best reception, portable/permanent mount ? We have a 17 369rl and are in the process of setting it up.
    Thanks for all responses.
    Craig.
    2017 369RL, 2016 F-350 4x4 Lariat 6.7psd srw lb. 2003 Seasport Sportsman 22ft offshore boat. 3 adorable ( most of the time ) Rat Terriers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We switch our home service over to Dish and bought the King System with 211KZ. Recently we bought the Wally receiver and tripod to set the dish on. We have been happy with system and does do HD. Setup is simple - set the dish on the tripod with the handle on the dish pointing north - connect one or two coaxes to the dish and coach - turn on the receiver - select the state you are in - wait about 5 to 10 minutes while the dish finds the satellites - watch TV. Dish charges us a additional 7.00 a month for the receiver we have in the coach. The only problem in installing is get the HD cable from the receiver to the TV
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway kool.katitude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    We switch our home service over to Dish and bought the King System with 211KZ. Recently we bought the Wally receiver and tripod to set the dish on. We have been happy with system and does do HD. Setup is simple - set the dish on the tripod with the handle on the dish pointing north - connect one or two coaxes to the dish and coach - turn on the receiver - select the state you are in - wait about 5 to 10 minutes while the dish finds the satellites - watch TV. Dish charges us a additional 7.00 a month for the receiver we have in the coach. The only problem in installing is get the HD cable from the receiver to the TV
    Were going with the same system you described when we start traveling more after Christmas. Why is it difficult to get the cable from the tv to the receiver? They aren't close to each other?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway kool.katitude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *We're...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of months ago, we got a King Tailgater with a Wally receiver for Dish. We also got a tripod stand. We went with Dish because their signal is in HD and they seem to be more mobile friendly. Portable because trees and other tall objects can get in the way and it is easier to more the Tailgater than the trailer. First time setting it up was a pain in the butt. Since then it has been easier and faster to get it up and running. We have only used it three time so not a lot of experience with it, so time will tell. But so far so good.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE The only problem in installing is get the HD cable from the receiver to the TV[/QUOTE]

I ran the HDMI thru the hole in the cabinet above the TV were the cable hookup are. I removed the radio to see what was in back of it and so I could feed the HDMI cable thru the area. I also took the beneath the TV out to feed the cable to the TV. Our coach is a 337RLS. YMMV.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HDMI cable the TV can be fished through by removing the TV & sliding out the radio (4 screws). We are using the Dish Playmaker and Wally works great once you get clear sight to the south. We have Dish at home so it is only $7 a month and can be turned off and on for the month. I use a free app called Sat Scope that works great showing exactly were the satellites are.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kool.katitude View Post
    Were going with the same system you described when we start traveling more after Christmas. Why is it difficult to get the cable from the tv to the receiver? They aren't close to each other?

Depends on where your TV and satellite are located. On the 310GK GD put the satellite outside to inside connect in the cabinet you see in the upper left hand side. The false corner on the right side is where the wires from the stereo runs down in to the cabinet that holds the TV. You have to get a HDMI cable from the cabinet on the right to the false corner on the left side down into the bottom cabinet and the exit out of hole on the right side of the cabinet. I attached a picture so you can see the problem I going to have. On the 369 I think all you have to do drill a hole in the bottom the cabinet and drop the HDMI cable to the TV.

Not sure why GD doesn't pre-wire the HDMI cable. The dealer said two hour job with pulling the fire place to get the cable run so 200 bucks labor for them to run it. I will be running the cable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tv-stat.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	5601
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disregard my instructions to get the cable run just realized you have a 369