User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 2018 Momentum 328m. It's a 37 foot toy hauler with a 10 foot garage.

Quote Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
    What model did you purchase
    Keith & Victoria T.
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummings Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a motto that I live by,,,DON'T JUDGE ME BY MY MISTAKES, JUDGE ME BY MY SOLUTION. This holds true in so many of life's aspects.

LIVE YOUR VISION-NOT YOUR CIRCUMSTANCE ~ Scott Barlag

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had good luck with mine so far. I do think its wrong that GD, and others, use the excuse that the parts are made by someone else. Thats a cop out. They should stand by the parts they use, not push it off when customers have a problem. Imagine if car dealers used that excuse, nothing on your car would be fixed.
    Ron & Sue
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    2011 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_ster View Post
    I've had good luck with mine so far. I do think its wrong that GD, and others, use the excuse that the parts are made by someone else. Thats a cop out. They should stand by the parts they use, not push it off when customers have a problem. Imagine if car dealers used that excuse, nothing on your car would be fixed.
    Agreed, and I wish it was different but to a certain extent car manufacturers do the same on commodity items (non custom build for that vehicle). The tires on your new car come with a manufacturer warranty and while the dealer takes care of it behind the scenes a tire problem doesn't go back to GM. There is a separate warranty statement in your glove box from Goodyear, or whomever. Part of the trouble is the RV dealer will never call Lippert for you even though the oven came from and is warrantied by them. YMMV
    JIm
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 sound great!

Quote Originally Posted by North Country View Post
    We have had our Reflection for a year now. Just finished 5 weeks in the Rockies. Lot of hard use on rough roads, boon docking mostly, and we have not had one thing break down. The only repairs I've had to make we're "self inflicted".
    Keep what you have with this company. I have a 2022 Solitude and it's a bucket of bolts. I lose a couple of screws every trip. When I stop for fuel I screw them in with silicone glue as the screws don't have a backing to hold them into the sheet metal skirt. I've repeated this process dozens of times. I have screws laying on the floor in my storage compartments. Fireplace mantel came apart and slid across the floor in my 375RES, as well as two wooden window frames breaking and one falling to the floor, shade and all. The Norcold propane electric got up to 72 inside, the electric side of the hot water heater stopped working. GD customer services ie great, but I'm more than dissapoiinted with the quality and lack of craftsmanship. Had I known, I would've looked elsewhere for my 5th wheel. The looks, layout, comfort and design are great! The assembly line quality and craftsmanship rates a 2. Like the person said before, every bump in the road, every trip, something breaks or falls off.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbwilliams25 View Post
    Keep what you have with this company. I have a 2022 Solitude and it's a bucket of bolts. I lose a couple of screws every trip. When I stop for fuel I screw them in with silicone glue as the screws don't have a backing to hold them into the sheet metal skirt. I've repeated this process dozens of times. I have screws laying on the floor in my storage compartments. Fireplace mantel came apart and slid across the floor in my 375RES, as well as two wooden window frames breaking and one falling to the floor, shade and all. The Norcold propane electric got up to 72 inside, the electric side of the hot water heater stopped working. GD customer services ie great, but I'm more than dissapoiinted with the quality and lack of craftsmanship. Had I known, I would've looked elsewhere for my 5th wheel. The looks, layout, comfort and design are great! The assembly line quality and craftsmanship rates a 2. Like the person said before, every bump in the road, every trip, something breaks or falls off.
    Well, it is your prerogative to trade in your coach on another manufacture's coach. There are many of us who are more than happy with our Grand Design coaches. Honestly, I don't see how you're helping by griping about what is wrong with your coach instead of asking for suggestions.

For instance, the outside screws, I have applied #8 speed clips to them. Not one had backed out yet. For the screws inside, toothpicks and wood glue in the hole and put the screw back in. For the window valance, same thing, wood glue and toothpicks, and screw them in. For the mantel, all manufactures use pin nails to put everything together. They are cheap and "hold" things together, kind of. The propane refrigerators all have a problem keeping constant temperatures. There are modifications to add fans to the back to increase the airflow across the cooling fins which helps to regulate the temperature. Also the propane reefers need adequate air flow inside to maintain internal temperatures. This is not a Grand Design quality issue, it's a Norcold issue (many RV manufactures use Norcold refrigerators). If you search the forum, there are many posts about Norcold reefers not maintaining temperatures.

Maybe you did have gotten a coach with a residential reefer. But then, I have a feeling that you would be complaining that the doors don't stay shut when traveling. (There's a fix for that as well.) I would encourage you to do some deep research into the next manufacturer that you decide to purchase from. See what kinds of issues their customers are dealing with.

For me, Grand Design has treated me like a valued customer. They have acknowledged issues I've had, and have taken steps to remediate them. Remember, it's a home on wheels, going down the freeway at 75 MPH. It's bound to have some things happen.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbwilliams25 View Post
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the road. You could've bought another junker from another brand just as easily. It's easy for some to say you shouldn't complain, but if they were in your shoes it would be a different story.
    There's a reason that when GD started their company that they decided to promote a higher level of customer service rather than try and build the best of the best. It's because building the best of the best can't be done with todays standards. So they build the same stuff as most other brands but try and eliminate the fear of breaking down by trying to stand behind their product better. It's worked out great for them as sales exploded. Not so great for owners needing multiple repairs that may happen out on the road or needing the trailer taken in to a dealer ruining trips.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel it's pretty common knowledge that all brands trailers manufactured within the last couple of years lack any semblance of quality. Some folks have got lucky and have few if any issues. Others are not so lucky.

I've owned a Grand Design trailer for almost 3 years now (manufactured pre-pandemic/sales bubble) and I've been happy with both the trailer and the way GD has stepped up on several warranty issues. One issue was even handled promptly even though I was well outside the warranty period.

After reading lots of posts by new owners on this forum, what really bothers me most is the lack of follow through by the selling dealer. Most of us can do most of the repairs by ourselves. Others (no disrespect) have difficulty with little projects like replacing screws, tightening drawer handles, fixing small leaks, etc.

For those folks, who were promised good service by their dealer, they are waiting weeks and months to get routine warranty/service work done. This is not a GD issue because those dealers are customers of GD. However, the dealers represent GD and the lack of service on some of these "less than quality" trailers makes for a real issue with new buyers, and their view of Grand Design as a company.

Even though I've never used any of the mobile RV repair services, I like the way Grand Design works with the customer on letting them do service work.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor quality my end. Leak on slide out poor welding on jacks mounts ,door wouldn't close when we brought it home, ac continously cutting off and on. Gzz what a headache

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at threads on this forum from 2018 and 2019 before the pandemic, you’ll see the same issues of workmanship and components failing. More people bought trailers during the pandemic than before, and I think that’s why we see more complaints than pre-Covid. I don’t think GD has significantly cut quality based on what I read here from people seeking advice and help on issues form 4-5 years ago. I think there are just a lot more new owners than before.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast