User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they allow Grand Design to continue the level of after-the-sale support that has brought them so much customer loyalty, this could be great. If they reduce Grand Design to the same level of after-the-sale support that the rest of the industry, it will be a disaster.

If they are smart, they will adopt that same attitude and practice for all of Winnebago. If they don't, it will be their loss.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's important to understand that Don, Ron and Bill will be acquiring substantial amounts of Winnebago stock in this deal, so they will have some say on how the Grand Design product moves forward. My guess is that the move will be transparent to the end customers and we'll still be working with the same outstanding customer service team members we always have.

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A crappy way to start the week.

Grand Design as we know it will soon be gone. I've been through this exact kind of process in my career, as I'm certain many have, and they make every promise and commitment to remain the same and to even get better and it never remains the same and you can forget about getting better.

Winnebago is publicly held and their investors want profit above all else. You optimize profit by squeezing; the labor force, the materials and "give aways" (i.e. customer service).

Grand Design was all about customer service. I've always felt (and said) they made slightly better than average trailer for the money but, as we all have said, their customer service is really what sets them apart.

My closest friends have a 3 year old Winnebago Class A and it has been a POS since they bought it. And trust me, they never get personal phone calls or responses from Winnebago Customer Service. They never get items sent to them free gratis even if their unit is out of warranty. NEVER. There are so many of us who have reported those very things, me included.

I'm not naive. I am a capitalist. I saw this coming. I hoped it wouldn't be for a few more years but here it is. We're now no better than Jayco or whoever.

Oh, it's not like I'm pissed off or anything. It wasn't my company, not my money, I would have no right to be angry. I'm just very disappointed and disheartened.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW,
    just home from another 6200 mile trip and in part was a trip to the factory for some repairs and tour. The repairs were done at the factory, as recommended by their service manager JD. The repairs were completed as promised, done right as they committed too and I am a happy camper, no pun intended. Hopefully they will continue with service after the sale as that is what has built them up so much. All across and through our travels, everyone I talk to is happy with Grand Design and refers them out. I also have done the same. Let's hope they keep on keeping on in a great way and not lets the end user be the bearer of any misfortune. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the way it goes, the big guy swallows up the little guy. People invest millions to start new companies AND Take on all the risk of failure in hopes to make millions of dollars. ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY. They got paid very well on this investment.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like we've seen in Grand Design, some units that come through just have problems. It's a gremlin trailer. Winnebago is no different. I did read two positives out of an article, however:

• Don Clark will continue to lead the Grand Design towables business post-closing as its President; he will also serve as a Vice President for Winnebago and be a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
    • Grand Design will operate as a distinct business unit within Winnebago with headquarters remaining in Middlebury, Indiana, and its portfolio of brands will remain in place.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Just like we've seen in Grand Design, some units that come through just have problems. It's a gremlin trailer. Winnebago is no different. I did read two positives out of an article, however:

• Don Clark will continue to lead the Grand Design towables business post-closing as its President; he will also serve as a Vice President for Winnebago and be a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
    • Grand Design will operate as a distinct business unit within Winnebago with headquarters remaining in Middlebury, Indiana, and its portfolio of brands will remain in place.
    Sounds good but I've been involved in multiple buyouts, mergers or take-overs, whatever you want to call this, and I never remember one that didn't say the same thing. That's a boiler plate statement to calm investors. I doubt he, or the others, stay long. Hey, it's the old "new GM and old manager" from any professional sports team scenario.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Sounds good but I've been involved in multiple buyouts, mergers or take-overs, whatever you want to call this, and I never remember one that didn't say the same thing. That's a boiler plate statement to calm investors. I doubt he, or the others, stay long. Hey, it's the old "new GM and old manager" from any professional sports team scenario.

Well the Angels have been through 3 GM's and Scioscia is still there, so I'll hold out hope.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well the Angels have been through 3 GM's and Scioscia is still there, so I'll hold out hope.
    There's always an exception.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the two biggest negatives from the article. Grand Design is now a business unit of Winnebago and Don, as VP, is going to have to hit his numbers every quarter no matter what it takes. If that involves business as usual then great for us. But I don't think things will remain completely unchanged unfortunately.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast