Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Ron, Don and Bill!

For your successful achievement with Grand Design. You've built a great company and revolutionized customer service in the RV industry. It's no wonder Winnebago wanted your company. If the truth were known, there was probably a long line knocking on your door hoping to purchase Grand Design.

I know many on here are nervous because of the sale but I wish to thank you for choosing Winnebago. We came to Grand Design from Winnebago when we got our first 5th wheel. We have owned 4 Winnebago motor homes over the years and they too are a solid company who builds a great RV. Hopefully Winnebago will continue with your level of customer service and we can see Grand Design grow even bigger.

Once again Congrats...

Red and Pam
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Everyone has a different experience for sure. Our best friend's Winnebago is a total POS, and it's only 3 years old.

I said this was going to happen and a bunch of folks gave me grief. It's business, that's all. We are their means of making money. They sold our loyalty and support to the highest bidder and now they're rich. I get it, that's how it works.

I certainly don't love my trailer any less but I can't say I'm so enamored with the company anymore. I've personally sold 3 Grand Design trailers to friends and family. I will immediately cease and desist until I see how this plays out over the next year or so.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Winnebago adopts the Grand Design customer service attitude over their whole operation, it could be a really good thing for them. Here's hoping they do the right things!
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if we will be allowed to join Winnebago, Itaska Travelers (WIT)?
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBoyer View Post
    I wonder if we will be allowed to join Winnebago, Itaska Travelers (WIT)?
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Pam has started a local chapter, been the state secretary and ran/organized a Texas state rally. We still have a lot of Winnebago friends.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I dont post at all for the most part but I agree with Poppy. Anybody who has owned a business knows what this really is. Build the business, grab loyalty through rally introductions, business philosophy, offer quality control in the beginning and then save money before selling by reducing quality but still giving the same sales pitch, expand and offer to the highest bidder. There is nothing new here but good old greed!! My wife and I where going to look at the Reflection 337 and trade our 303 but I just cancelled that move. Dont expect much from Winnebago, I dont ....and always remember the buyer always has last word on direction of their new acquisition and from what I have seen of Winnebago the last few years, well I will let you do your own mental picture of that. There is something going on with this industry, it is just business as I stated or protection from a future financial crisis.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog1800 View Post
    Well I dont post at all for the most part but I agree with Poppy. Anybody who has owned a business knows what this really is. Build the business, grab loyalty through rally introductions, business philosophy, offer quality control in the beginning and then save money before selling by reducing quality but still giving the same sales pitch, expand and offer to the highest bidder. There is nothing new here but good old greed!! My wife and I where going to look at the Reflection 337 and trade our 303 but I just cancelled that move. Dont expect much from Winnebago, I dont ....and always remember the buyer always has last word on direction of their new acquisition and from what I have seen of Winnebago the last few years, well I will let you do your own mental picture of that. There is something going on with this industry, it is just business as I stated or protection from a future financial crisis.
    I don't understand this logic. They haven't terminated the entire assembly, management, or anyone else for that matter. In fact, all the same people we have to appreciate and chat with are still allowed to discuss all issues, including this one on the Facebook page. Why would one think because this happened today that a switch was flipped and everything GD is going to putting out starting today is going to be junk?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Everyone has a different experience for sure. Our best friend's Winnebago is a total POS, and it's only 3 years old.

I said this was going to happen and a bunch of folks gave me grief. It's business, that's all. We are their means of making money. They sold our loyalty and support to the highest bidder and now they're rich. I get it, that's how it works.

I certainly don't love my trailer any less but I can't say I'm so enamored with the company anymore. I've personally sold 3 Grand Design trailers to friends and family. I will immediately cease and desist until I see how this plays out over the next year or so.
    I feel the same way. If the excellent customer service disappears, I will go back to Forest River.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the attitude comes from too many instances where Thor bought a company and quality and customer service take a dive. It's happened in other industries too. That said - I really think this could be different.

K-Mart was not doing well at all. When Sears bought K-Mart, they thought they could lift K-Mart up. Instead, K-Mart dragged them down, and they are dying a slow death on the bottom of the lake.

Grand Design is doing well. In picking them up, Winnebago has a real opportunity to elevate their situation. It could give GD more clout with their suppliers. That would be a good thing. If Winnebago lets GD keep doing what they are doing, and if they adopt the GD customer service attitude across their organization, this could really lift them up.

Will Winnebago follow the Thor model, or adopt the Grand Design model? That's the question.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    I think the attitude comes from too many instances where Thor bought a company and quality and customer service take a dive. It's happened in other industries too. That said - I really think this could be different.

K-Mart was not doing well at all. When Sears bought K-Mart, they thought they could lift K-Mart up. Instead, K-Mart dragged them down, and they are dying a slow death on the bottom of the lake.

Grand Design is doing well. In picking them up, Winnebago has a real opportunity to elevate their situation. It could give GD more clout with their suppliers. That would be a good thing. If Winnebago lets GD keep doing what they are doing, and if they adopt the GD customer service attitude across their organization, this could really lift them up.

Will Winnebago follow the Thor model, or adopt the Grand Design model? That's the question.
    Thor's stock is up 33% since their purchase of Jayco. Supposedly Jayco is able to continue as is including their two year warranty. It's all about the Benjamin's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast