Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satellite hook-up on 303RLS

We have just switched to dish tv. When the sat cable is hooked up outside to the living room connection, the automatic satellite dish (pathway x2) will not work. It needs to be directly connected to the sat box for the setup then I can unhook it and reconnect it to the living room connection. Has anyone put in a satellite connection in the entertainment center top left side that goes directly outside so I can bypass that step?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you connected outside. On mine if i connect to the door side outlet in the basement it doesn't go directly to the tv. You have to connect to the side by the convenience center.
    Donnie & Cindy
    2016 Reflection 318 RST
    2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paphil View Post
    We have just switched to dish tv. When the sat cable is hooked up outside to the living room connection, the automatic satellite dish (pathway x2) will not work. It needs to be directly connected to the sat box for the setup then I can unhook it and reconnect it to the living room connection. Has anyone put in a satellite connection in the entertainment center top left side that goes directly outside so I can bypass that step?
    I would look coming in the bottom of the slide where the wiring comes in and up through in back of the fireplace and the radio into the cabinet where the receiver is located. Leave just enough cable outside to easily hook up the sat cable.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on my 303 I use the connection in the convenience center that has the pale yellow coax cable, have to pull the plate off to see them, mine was labeled as cable. it goes directly (no spliter) to the cabinet above the TV next to radio. Again you have to pull plate to find the yellow one since it isn't labeled at all. This is were I put the Dish receiver (Wally) in the upper far left cabinet and ran my HMDI cable from Wally to TV

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks...I'll check that out tomorrow.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For future searchers, the problem was my troubleshooting sucked. Once I removed the plates to check the color of the cables, I discovered the cable in the entertainment center was barely connected. I tightened everything up and now the satellite dish is working through the normal satellite connection. Problem solved...

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah I forgot to tell you they aren't very good at tightening the connections!! I discovered every one of mine were just barely screwed on.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, good gosh! Do we have to double check everything? that is a rhetorical question requiring no answer.
    Last edited by Joeyp59; 10-06-2016 at 07:23 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Joe & Kim Procter
    2016 Refection 303RLS
    2011 Ford 250, 6.7L Diesel 4X4