Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer Service Still Great

I contacted GD customer service yesterday through email from their website. I got a response from Jes in customer service immediately. I was put in contact with Chris Robertson, who was personally handling my parts order from my dealer. Chris got right back to me and answered all my questions regarding my order. Bottom line in my opinion is: customer service we all enjoy is still great. So at this time don't worry, nothing seems to have changed.

Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been in contact with ray at Customer service a couple of times this past week and he always responds fast. He makes me feel like the good service will continue on under the new ownership. John
    John & Carol Souza
    Happily Retired and currently living in Cottonwood, Northern California
    2015 Solitude 368RD
    2010 RAM 3500 DIESEL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hey, has anyone noticed that Jess, our new Janice, came to GD from Winnebago? Hmm
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul--where did you learn that Jess came over from Winnebago........maybe traded Jess for Don, Bill, & Ron ?.........she must be REALLY good !!!

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Paul--where did you learn that Jess came over from Winnebago........maybe traded Jess for Don, Bill, & Ron ?.........she must be REALLY good !!!

Dan
    From her FB profile page.

I would add that I believe she is more helpful than Janice was. She actually answers question rather than just refer the poster to the customer service department. Overall, it's a little suspicious at this point. Not bad mind you, just suspicious.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to be optimistic and say we & future customers probably won't see anything different other than the Winnebago trade make on the Grand Design letterhead. I was part of an acquisition team as a corporate manager. I scouted, investigated, vetted, did the due diligence process, managed the purchase process and worked with the companies we bought during & after the transition. The last thing any take-over company wants to do is change things right out of the gate unless they are buying it just for the talented people (not the case here). The employees of the company being purchased are very nervous about their future, making big changes doesn't help that feeling and can effect moral and their work ethic. The process before the announcement/purchase takes months of investigation, talking to company executives and flipping through financial info so they (Winnebago) are well aware of the internal workings regarding customer service. Someone mentioned that Winnebago was probably cruising this forum/Facebook, you can be sure someone was doing that. I'm sure Winnebago corporate is smart enough to know that there is no point in fixing something that's not broken and in-fact works better than what they are doing themselves. Hopefully you may see Winny customer service get a lesson from GD. I won't let this news spook anyone from purchasing a GD product.

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Hey, has anyone noticed that Jess, our new Janice, came to GD from Winnebago? Hmm
    Not saying it doesn't in this case, but you start looking at FB profiles, and all of these folks came from other RV manufacturers, I think it's cause GD picks out the best and gives them a better offer. Jes has been here long enough that I doubt it had anything to do with the deal. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2015 RAM Cummins B&W Companion Slider

2015 Solitude 365DEN

Anthony, Amanda, and their 2 munchkins. Fulltiming.