Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane fittings

I was having issues with my propane hose leaking whenever I disconnect the drivers side tank, it would leak propane out of my other tank unless I turn it off. I ordered a new regulator and was replacing it when I noticed that the straight fitting on the one side had a little plastic check valve in the fitting, on the other side is the elbow like the picture shows, this elbow doesn't have any type of check valve in it. Shouldn't it have one? Where can I get one that does have it? It's a pain to have to shut both tanks off whenever disconnecting the other tank.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2015 RAM Cummins B&W Companion Slider

2015 Solitude 365DEN

Anthony, Amanda, and their 2 munchkins. Fulltiming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check with your local LP distributor
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The little fitting is called a back check valve. It prevents propane from flowing backwards into the other tank. It is often the culprit in blocked propane flow when it fails. Grand Design decided that they needed to put the elbow in so that they could install the regulator without crimping the hose. The elbow they use does NOT have a back check valve. However, this is not a problem since there is a redundant back check valve in the pigtail fittings. Mine failed a couple of years ago. I drilled out the fitting and reinstalled it and got normal flow again. I never had a problem with gas flowing backwards in the system because of the back check valves in the pigtail. I know others have actually replaced the valve, and installed a back check valve at the end of the elbow in order to maximize the protection.

Jim

Official home, NW Missouri. In Solitude mostly now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info Jim, I really appreciate it, makes sense. I removed the pigtail and put a 12 ft hose on for hooking to a large tank, so that's why it does that. And now that you say that, that's when it quit "working". Self inflicted issue I guess!
    I'm wondering about just moving the regulator over so that there is room for the hose??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2015 RAM Cummins B&W Companion Slider

2015 Solitude 365DEN

Anthony, Amanda, and their 2 munchkins. Fulltiming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane quick connect fitting leaking

Picked up our new momentum 381ms a few weeks ago. In five days leaked out 7.5 gallons of propane next to the pilot light. We are so lucky my family didn’t get killed. I have pictures and a video. Im new to forum and don’t know how to upload. To everyone please spray soapy water around all your connections.