User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Julieanne64

New GD Reflection 29RS: Questions about Leveling System and Black Tank

Hi there!
    We just bought a 2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS and we are having a couple issues....wanted to see if anyone else had experienced these issues:

1. The Auto Level system keeps lifting our entire trailer off the ground--like wheels off the ground. It's very inconsistent...one time it'll work great and the next day it'll lift the trailer so high the wheels on one side come way off the ground. We are following the process to the T and it keeps failing to level. Anyone else had issues? Seems almost like one of the jacks (rear) is not working properly, but not sure.

2. Black Tank seems to be leaking...already! We have only had it a week, but the first time we went to attach the stinky slinky dark yellow water poured out when we took the cap off. We've also noticed when you push the black valve handle back in, it springs back a bit...It was doing this before we put anything in this tank, so I can't imagine there is something caught in the valve? Anyone had this issue and if so, how did you fix it! It's gross!

Thank you so much!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For your leveling issue, try doing a Zero Point Calibration. The procedure is on page 8 of the manual: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ting_Guide.pdf

Good luck,

John
    John, Heidi and our 2 Cocker Spaniels Venus & Big Papi
    2016 Relfection 30BH 5th wheel
    2016 F350 SRW CC SB 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    Pullrite Superglide with Superrails

Julieanne64
    Thanks, John! We will look into that in the morning!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julieanne64 View Post
    Hi there!
    We just bought a 2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS and we are having a couple issues....wanted to see if anyone else had experienced these issues:

1. The Auto Level system keeps lifting our entire trailer off the ground--like wheels off the ground. It's very inconsistent...one time it'll work great and the next day it'll lift the trailer so high the wheels on one side come way off the ground. We are following the process to the T and it keeps failing to level. Anyone else had issues? Seems almost like one of the jacks (rear) is not working properly, but not sure.

2. Black Tank seems to be leaking...already! We have only had it a week, but the first time we went to attach the stinky slinky dark yellow water poured out when we took the cap off. We've also noticed when you push the black valve handle back in, it springs back a bit...It was doing this before we put anything in this tank, so I can't imagine there is something caught in the valve? Anyone had this issue and if so, how did you fix it! It's gross!

Thank you so much!
    Regarding the black tank. Many of us have experienced minor leaks from the valves in the black or gray tanks. The dealer can tear into it to try and adjust the cables and valves, but there is a much easier way. Purchase an external valve and snap it in place where the discharge pipe is for your sewage. When you get ready to dump, it will make sure you stay clean and dry. Just hook up the hose, open the external valve, then open the valves for the black and gray tanks. When you're done, close the valves for the tanks, then close the external valve. I've done this for years and I've never had a spill since.

For less than $25, it's very cheap insurance. Here's a link to the valve on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...ra+waste+valve

Jim

Julieanne64
    Hi Jim...

THANK YOU so much for the information! Seems like a great and simple fix for a stinky problem! I just could not believe we were already having leaky valves right from the get-go! But, 'tis RV life! We are still new to fifth wheels and learning oh so much! But, we are loving our Grand Design! Thank you, again, for taking the time to respond!

All the best!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a bad dump valve. No use bandaiding it with an add on valve. Take it to the dealer and have the OEM valve fixed or replaced. That's what the GD warranty is for.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my new trailer to the dealer... they adjusted it, it still leaked!!! Bought the valve and has worked wonderful for the last 4 months
    Dale & Penny Kennedy
    Central California

2016 Grand Design Solitude 321 RL #5754
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax/Allison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had our dealer check the value on our unit. He said it is not leaking and I had to agree. I have let both valves be open until not a single drop of liquid drops out. Just moving the rig from my parking pad into my shop building results in liquid falling out. Dealer said the drain pipes are long so some liquid remains in the lines. I guess you could jack up the off side to help the drainage? I just bought the additional value.
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Sounds like a bad dump valve. No use bandaiding it with an add on valve. Take it to the dealer and have the OEM valve fixed or replaced. That's what the GD warranty is for.
    It usually is caused by liquid remaining in the drain pipes while dumping. If you're not perfectly sloped each and every time you dump, you can see residual liquid come out the next time you open to dump. Or you can get a piece of TP in the valve. Sometimes, the valve gets a little sticky or after repeated uses, the cables get a little out of adjustment. I for one would not be running back to the dealer each and every time I see liquid when I open the cap. The external valve protects against any of these situations.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm planning to replace the cabled-valves with electric one this next year. One of mine is sometimes REALLY hard to open, and very easy at others. It doesn't follow any constants of temperature or anything else I can think of - I believe it's in how the cable itself is routed . The electric ones should resolve that.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast