Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check your grease in your Equa-flex.

Just let everyone know a problem that I found with our new Reflection. When installing the Joy Rider shock system, I had to remove the Equa-flex and lower the springs to permit room to drill and mount the shocks. When removing the bolts that held the Equa-flex and springs, the bushings were dry. There was plenty of grease on the outside of the pins and on the outside of the Equa-flex but none inside. My first though was the holes in the pins weren't drill deep enough to meet. I found the when pumping grease in the pin, it did come out the cross hole. Something slipped at GD and no one checked that grease had filled the bushings. I did let GD and our dealer know, I'm not sure how wide spread the problem is, but you may want to check that your bushings are greased.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161016_110944958.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	5810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161016_111058916.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	5811
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one break last summer. The rubber gave out
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert ships suspension assemblies to GDRV with wet bolts, but no grease. GDRV has acknowledged that . . . until very recently . . . they never added any grease to these joints. The outer ends, where the springs attach to the frame, do not have wet bolts. These connections are good for less than 10,000 miles before the nylon bushings are destroyed. LCI and GDRV have stated that current production will have bronze bushings and will be lubricated at assembly. I don't know if this includes the outer spring connections.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For wet bolts in general, they should be installed with the exit hole for the grease "up" to facilitate movement of the grease. With the hole "down" and weight of the trailer being supported by that surface, you are less likely to get the grease in.
    2013 Silverado 3500HD / LWB / 2WD / Duramax-Allison
    2017 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All except one of mine accepted grease. I'm not sure if it wasn't installed correctly. I need to take it apart to investigate.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What TomHaycraft said. If the bolts were not installed "hole up", then it is very difficult to impossible to grease the bolts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During the rally, LCI said to take the weight off the suspension and try greasing the fitting. (It worked for mine) If that doesn't work, you have to loosen the bolt and turn it.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phansen404 View Post
    During the rally, LCI said to take the weight off the suspension and try greasing the fitting. (It worked for mine) If that doesn't work, you have to loosen the bolt and turn it.
    Actually you need to drive the bolt out, remove it, turn it so the grease hole is facing upwards and then press it back in. The bolts are serrated and just putting a wrench on it and turning will damage the bolt and the spring hanger.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will take the weight of the suspension and try to grease mine. If that doesn't work I'll drive the wet bolt out and press in a new one. I think I have one on hand from doing the upgrade on our last trailer.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Lippert ships suspension assemblies to GDRV with wet bolts, but no grease. GDRV has acknowledged that . . . until very recently . . . they never added any grease to these joints. The outer ends, where the springs attach to the frame, do not have wet bolts. These connections are good for less than 10,000 miles before the nylon bushings are destroyed. LCI and GDRV have stated that current production will have bronze bushings and will be lubricated at assembly. I don't know if this includes the outer spring connections.

Rob
    Rob, Jerry McCarthy personally told me that they will be installing bronze bushings and wet bolts on all 2017 units. I just went out and checked. My new Reflection 297 does NOT have any grease fittings or even an Equa-Flex. It just appears to have the standard POS nylon bushings and a solid equalizer. To say I'm a little disappointed would be an understatement.

The GDRV website also says that it has self adjusting brakes and Jerry told me that all the 2017 models would too. Since my wheels appear to have quite a bit of grease on them, I'll be disassembling them as soon as I can to check for grease contamination and verify the type of brakes that are installed.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast