User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes those are the ones. I would make sure they are new. I paid $13.50 here in SLC. They told me they had 85 in stock. If I can help in any way let me know

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    Are these the fittings you are talking about? What size are they?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ivel+steel+FTG
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where in SLC did you get them?

I started doing research on hydraulic hose to get to understand it better. Apparently the Size 4 is the SAE Dash Size. That's explained at http://www.hoseandfittingsetc.com/te...tips/dash-size That would make it 4/16" (1/4") inside diameter.

ETA - It looks like the non-conductive stuff is of a lighter weight than wire-reinforced hose. I'm not sure if the fact that there is 120VAC in the trailer plays into some RVIA or other code requirement for it.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: Well, we were on the road and after about 3 hours, we happened to notice some oil on the side of the trailer and found that a different hose on the top of the jacks blew completely out of the crimp fitting and blew oil everywhere. And to top that off.....that line was the black one on the front jack which proved to be a different size so these fittings would not work. And of found another line on the rear leaking now. Needless to say I'm a bit pissed. And to top it off, I get zero help from the dealers or factory people. Grrrrr,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resurrecting this old thread. My right front landing gear level up is leaking from one of the black lines at the crimp at the jack. I don't know if the OP is still on the forum, but the last post said he had another leak, but the reusable fitting did not fit the black hose. Lippert claims both are the same dimension...1/2 inch outer, 1/4 inch inner diameter. On the Lippert site, their crimp-on JIC hose fitting will fit either the orange or black hose. Has anyone come across a fitting that will work on both hoses, that doesn't require crimping?
    thanks!
    Rob
    Last edited by RobM; 10-12-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad I saw this. Those fittings were a pain in the butt. I have since discovered that it is just easier to get a fitting that has a Barb on it and then slide the hose over it and just put some type of a clamp on it. I guess you could probably use just a simple heater hose type clamp, But you can find clamps that require a tool to crimp them. I figured that out it saved me a big headache. Everything I read said I needed these special fittings which were difficult to find and did not work so wants I just found a fitting with a Barb on it and put a good clamp around it I've not had any more problems. I hope this helps you my friend if not feel free to reach out to me

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I attempted to use one of those fittings mentioned above and it didnt fit, it was slightly too big to compress the hose. I ended up taking my leaking hydraulic line to a hydraulic hose store and they just made me a new line with crimp fittings. They say the orange line is non-conductive hydraulic line and doesnt work with any screw type fittings, only crimp fittings. I'd love to find a screw on type fitting to fix some other slow leaking fittings. If not, eventually I'll replace the other lines.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the research and information. Now we can get 5 or 6 and a few unions to have on hand in case we have a problem with the line.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12