Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atwood Refer inop

Well getting ready for NorCal Rally, brought the RV home and tried to turn on refrigerator, all the control panel lights are on and will not start up. Atwood website says most likely a open D.C. Fuse. Great, where is the D.C. Fuse located. Is it the refrigerator fuse in the electrical box? That one is good. I have searched hi and low and can't figure it out. Help please😕

PS: I just installed a Progressive Industries EMSHW50. I suspect I may have caused this problem.
    Steve and Connie Mitchell
    Lodi, California
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930RL
    2017 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SRW Cummins
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, I left a response on the Facebook as well. I believe their are 3 fuses behind the black cover on the back of the refrigerator.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atwood Fuse.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	5876

http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/..._Manual_11.pdf

Page 10 provides a diagram of whats behind the cover. 3 fuses, two 3 amp and 1 20 amp.
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat top View Post
    Well getting ready for NorCal Rally, brought the RV home and tried to turn on refrigerator, all the control panel lights are on and will not start up. Atwood website says most likely a open D.C. Fuse. Great, where is the D.C. Fuse located. Is it the refrigerator fuse in the electrical box? That one is good. I have searched hi and low and can't figure it out. Help please

PS: I just installed a Progressive Industries EMSHW50. I suspect I may have caused this problem.
    Steve, Hi neighbor.... We are next to you in #151. I will have my DVM and have a background in electronics etc. so if its not working when you get there I may be able to help. Also the B&B techs will be there.

The panel is run off of DC, that way it can control off of AC or propane. Did you try turning on the propane and try it that way? Also did you press the mode button to force the mode you want it to run off of. IE select propane and see if it fires up.

If the panel is working and it is in auto mode and goes to AC mode when the trailer is plugged into AC the I would think the unit see's AC. If the refer doesn't go to AC automatically when refer in Auto mode then is probably not seeing AC to the refer.

I haven't installed a EMSHW50, but that may be your problem, the AC phase that powers the refer may not be getting power, but that's my speculation. I'm sure there will be people there that have plenty of experience with EMSHW50.

When we travel we put blue ice and/or ice in the freezer and refer so maybe that will get you to Durango. But because you have a 2014 unit you know all that stuff.

See you soon,
    Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Pat and Chuck. I willl. be plugging into shore power this morning th check if EMS is operating properly..
    Lodi, California

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Pat and Chuck. I willl. be plugging into shore power this morning th check if EMS is operating properly..
    Steve, I had another thought. Check the 110vac receptacle where the refer plugs in and see if it has power. Also I wounder if this circuit is on a GFI circuit and the GFI has tripped.

Pat
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have plugged in and EMS is reading normal and refrigerator is operating on AC power, so we have 2 successful battles won, but still fighting the propane issue. I will except these 2 victories and worry about the other later. Thanks again Chuck and Pat, see you at the Rally later this afternoon.
    Lodi, California

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have plugged in and EMS is reading normal and refrigerator is operating on AC power, so we have 2 successful battles won, but still fighting the propane issue. I will except these 2 victories and worry about the other later. Thanks again Chuck and Pat, see you at the Rally later this afternoon.
    Good, AC working. I have had problems before with propane on my BBQ because of the OPD valve on the propane tanks. If you open the tank valve to fast and there wasn't pressure in the line there will be a surge of propane into the system and the OPD will shut off propane flow. I had to disconnect the propane line and then reconnect, then open the propane valve very slowly to reset it. Maybe try the other tank.

So does the stove work with propane? This may identify if you have a propane issue.

Pat

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have checked stove and heater, they both work normally. Something is causing the refrigerator to not recognize the propane mode.
    Lodi, California

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out to check temp and decided to wiggle and bang on a few things, gave it a stearn talking too, now all is well. Everything is working like a champ. Now we can go and enjoy the rally without worry.
    Lodi, California

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out to check temp and decided to wiggle and bang on a few things, gave it a stearn talking too, now all is well. Everything is working like a champ. Now we can go and enjoy the rally without worry.
    Great.... a stern talking too never hurts, thats typically the first thing I do....