Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbies anxiously awaiting 5th wheel

Hello everyone from Sidman PA.

Janet and I are soon to be owners of a new Momentum 397th (due to roll off the line 11/10) We are new to the 5th wheel crowd but have been reading a lot of great stuff here and really enjoy the forum. We have been working on making this dream come true over a period of 3 years starting at the Hershey Show in 2014 where we first fell for a Grand Design and the quality that was evident, even to a couple of rookies. After many visits to dealers and on-line research, and pouring over countless pamphlets deciding our needs and wants we attended the show in Hershey again and after 10 hours of looking at fifth wheel toy haulers, Grand Design was the clear choice for us. We figured 2 years ago that we need to upgrade our 10 year old truck because of the old saying, "you need the horse before the cart". Taking many folks advice, we bought a Ram 3500 Dually with the 6.7 Cummins and Aisin tranny. In preparation for the looming delivery of our new unit I spent last weekend installing a 24K Pullrite 2300 Super Glide with the OEM adapter to fit the factory installed puck system in the 6.5 foot bed. We will be checking back often with you all because we have a lot to learn.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to one of the friendliest forums on the internet and congrats on your new 5th wheel!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard and congratulations on your Momentum. Glad you're here!

John

Sent from a tiny keyboard.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your pending purchase.

When you go through the PMI, be sure you get them to teach you specifically how to winterize your trailer. The owners' manual is not really clear if you're going to use RV antifreeze in the system. It gets pretty cold in PA.

If the weather is okay, try to get a few short weekends in the camper--before going out on any long trips. It certainly helps when you're familiar with your trailer's systems, etc.

I've had my 323BHS for 2 years, and have yet to learn and use all the systems. Come to think of it, we've never even used the furnace--using electric ceramic heaters.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for warm welcomes and sound advice.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good choice to get the dually too!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations and welcome to the GD family. Nice to see another PA person here. I grew up just up RT 99 from there. Still miss being "home".
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the club of Momentum owners! Fun times ahead! I always advise folks to video the important parts of the PDI. There is so much info to absorb it is easy to forget. Being on the road in real world situations is not the time to say, "now what did they say to do to this"???? LOL! You also may want to start shopping for your favorite mattress. They do not put quality mattresses in because everyone has there own likes and dislikes. I venture to say there is a very small percentage of folks that are sleeping on the installed mattress after a couple of months. We got an Avena mattress from Camping World (foam) and there is nowhere I would rather sleep! I'm sure lots of folks will pipe in with their favorites also!
    You must let us know and post pics when you pick up your new coach!!! The waiting is definitely the hardest part!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea on PDI video and mattress upgrade. Nice to hear from you all. Tentative plans include a "shamrock tour" (from Road Runner magazine) on the Goldwing in the spring if all goes well. Tips on campgrounds in the area and additional tips on things we must see while we are in the area from some Lexington locals would be great.��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast