Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Furrion Observation/Back Up Camera Fuse Location (Travel Trailer Only)

Have any of you with a Grand Design travel trailer located the fuse for the Furrion back up/observation camera? I know it's been found for the fifth wheels, but I haven't seen a post about the travel trailers. I'd like to wire a switch into the circuit instead of leaving the camera on all the time.

Thanks,

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, I never did find a fuse on mine. Battery disconnect didn't turn it off. I finally cut the wire put a wire nut on it, and wired camera to center running light
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay, I found it. I'd read previous posts where they were on their own stand-alone fuse. But this one is wired into the main panel.

Mine went out when I shut off the battery disconnect. I traced it down to a fuse in the DC fuse panel which is labeled "Rear O/H". It looks like they powered it off of the same circuit as the rear overhead lights. Easy enough. I'll access the back of the fuse panel and splice a switch into that circuit.

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jim, you sound like you're having so much fun with your new toy while you wait for Ginnie to fully recover

I kind of miss making modifications to mine. I need to find something else to do.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poppy, I just bought a fishing boat too. If I run out of things to do on the trailer, do you want me to invite you over to help mod the boat? BTW, it's a 14' Alumacraft five person fishing boat with a 10 hp Mercury engine. Next week, I'll be putting a camper shell on the truck, then I have a boat loader coming from British Columbia. I'll have to build the loader and mount it on the truck. It will lift the boat off the ground and flip it up on to the rack with just the touch of a button. I think I'll be busy for a long time.

P.S. Ginnie is healing fast, so we'll be on the road soon I'm sure.

Jim

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That sounds so awesome. I'll bring some Deschutes and my pole, let's meet somewhere and do some camping and fishing

BTW, were you able to get your solar panels out of the 337 before the fire or are you doing something different with this trailer?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I traced it down to a fuse in the DC fuse panel which is labeled "Rear O/H"
    Jim,

Thanks for finding this fuse, I walked out and tested your response and it worked. My 2015 303 is wired the same and I never traced it to this fuse. I could find the camera power source and added a fuse, it has two now.

Chuck
    The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Chuck
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    Elk Grove, Ca

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psotab2qdx.jpg

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Regarding the fishing, you bet. I'd love to hit the Sierras again. Haven't fished there in many years.

Regarding the solar panels. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It would be easy to just go with a portable set up that clips to the battery leads since they are on the front of the trailer. I know I won't go with the Furrion panel because it's only 95 watts, and GD only wired it for 7.5 amps. That is kind of curious to me. The diagram off the Furrion website says to put a 10 amp fuse in the system but GD used a 7.5. If you have a 95 watt panel and the battery is down to 12VDC, you'd be drawing 7.9 amps (unregulated). I need to do more research, but the Furrion panel is $440 on Amazon which is very high priced for that little wattage.

As for the previous panels, they didn't fare well as you can see in the pic below. They are circled in red.

Jim<strike></strike>

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yikes on multiple counts. The burnt panels and the outrageous cost of the Furion panels. My 300 watt Renogy system with a controller and everything was that or less!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a Grand Design Transcend 29tbs and we are not able to get our Furion backup camera to work, it is as if we have no power. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast