Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questioning if I made the right choice

Well, We picked up our 2017 Momentum 349M on Thursday and took her camping on Friday. At this point, I am a little disappointing:-{.....
    The shower leaks and when we got home, the molding above the Family room slide had all fallen off and was sitting on the floor. In the process, the nails from the molding poked holes in the couch.

Another thing, I purchased the New PullRite Superlite hitch and had the Kingpin replaced with the TrailAir system. Well, these two systems are not compatible and our dealer did not this. This is my first 5th wheel and we were bringing her home and the ride was horrible. I told my wife, I thought pulling a 5th wheel was supposed to be somewhat smooth, it felt worse than a bumper pull. Hitched her up the next morning and things just didn't look right, took a couple of pictures and sent them to the service department and they agreed. Had to take the unit to a dealer closer than where I bought it and they said that I was very lucky, the two systems did not seem compatible and the ball was not seated correctly so the system was not completely hitched. Had to have the original Kingpin delivered and put back on, then the PullRite Superlite worked correctly.

The new iPhone looking control center is not user friendly in my opinion. I can't seem to locate a hobbs meter for the Generator...

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced the shower leaking and any other tips you can pass along would be appreciated.

Greg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the shower leaking on the bottom rail? If so, yes common. Just needs a bead of sealant.

Sorry to hear about your problems but usually it only happens once. Most folks who buy new experience the same problems.
    Zac and Charlene
    Frank and Bella (four-legged kids)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS- SteadyFast stabilizers, Oxygenics shower head, residential sink faucet, residential mattress.
    2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT- EFI Live, MBRP 4" exhaust, LBZ mouthpiece, AirLift Airbags, RDS 60G combo aux tank, and B&W turnover/Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questioning if I made the right choice

We have a '15, but no leaks in the shower. As for your hitch issue, that had nothing to do with the rig. Sounds like a dealer mess up. I've not had the opportunity to see a new style control panel, but I think I saw another post about the Hobbs meter function. Maybe someone else knows.

Sorry you're having problems. I'd certainly call GD as well as the dealer to get your issues addressed ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg,
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, unfortunately you usually have to work the kinks out the first couple trips but after they are worked out you will enjoy every minute. We just purchased a 349m yesterday and i am interested in knowing more about your shower leak so i can keep an eye out. Where is it coming from and where is it leaking to??

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Smores,
    The shower leak appears to be coming from the rear of the shower, when you open the shower door, there is watering standing right next to the sink and it goes all the back to the wall, hard area to get a towel in because it is pretty tight in that corner. Dealer said it probably needs to be re-caulked. After I noticed it leaking, I shoved a bath towel in that corner to keep it from puddling there. Let me know how it goes.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply. I will keep a very keen eye during our first couple of showers. I hope the rest of your worries are far behind you from this day forward. I COMPLETELY understand your frustration. We bought a brand new Keystone Carbon 2.5yrs ago and upon the first time using it the roof completely tore and ripped from the front cap area ruining our vacation and first rv experience. The experience landed us in court with Keystone and just settled after 2.5 years. During that period our rv sat in a dirt lot storage facility unable to be used because of the lawsuit. So upsetting that Keystone nor the dealer would stand by their product. That's how we eventually found Grand Design through hours upon hours of very frustrating searching for an RV company that stands behind their product. I can say that the only way you truly trust any company is through campfire talk, these forums and rv'ers real experiences. This company by far has the BEST Reputation upon ALL makes and manufacturer's so rest assured you made the right decision in your purchase. Unfortunately, sometimes things can be problematic in the first couple shake down trips but i am confident whatever issues you may encounter that this company will back their product better than any others out there without a doubt.

Safe Travels,
    Brian

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our shower leaks and it's not because of missing caulking. We re-caulked everything and it still leaked. We learned by looking at the area that was leaking during a shower that the water splashes into and then up and out of the shower rail. We now just throw a towel on the floor when taking a shower so the water that splashes out gets soaked up. IMO, the shower doors should be reversed. The sliding door near the shower head (where most of the splashing takes place) should be the inner-most door, not the outside door.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the shower issue where the water gets between the shower insert and the bottom rail. Still trying to resolve but using the towel approach as mentioned above for now. I agree with bertschb that it would make more sense for the first and third doors on the shower to be reversed. Hope GD and your dealer see that your issues are resolved. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our shower leaked the first time it was used. I caulked it and it's been ok since. We've owned three 5th wheels. All have had issues. The Grand Design has been the best of the 3.
    I think once you sort out the initial problems you'll be very happy.
    Safe travels
    Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add that the leaking (which in our case is actually splashing) isn't that bad. We don't get that much water on the floor. Also, the splashing is directly tied to the amount of water that hits the rail at the bottom. If you lean away from the shower door while taking your shower, very little if any water splashes out.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch