User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Just picked up my new Reflection 27RL

We took delivery of our new 2017 27RL and already have serious doubts about the quality. When filing the fresh water holding tank I immediately noticed water pouring from the drain valve area. After crawling under for a closer look it was apparent that the leak was not from the valve but the tank itself. To make matters worse, it was apparent the tank had been patched or glued around a threaded inlet....obviously done at the factory. The under cover material had been cut with a knife to allow access to the area and I would speculate someone on the assembly line had found a leak, tried to patch it with epoxy or other sealant and shipped it to the dealer. The tank would not hold a quart of water! It looked like the threaded nipple going into the tank had busted the threaded area. My dealer told me to bring it in. I explained that I would not accept more patching or epoxy work as these procedures are short term fixes and leaks always come back. Their response was, "we will check with the factory to see what procedures to follow." I take it in tomorrow and will demand holding tank replacement!!

There were other issues on our first 11 day trip but I fixed all of those. Things like a tie wrap sticking down into the fan on the fireplace making an intermittant noise. Loud vibration coming from rear A/C which ended up being a freon line rubbing against a bolt. Light not working inside the fridge but I cannot determine what is causing this. Little issues like these are normal. My dealer on delivery day and walk thru was very thorough and everything seemed to work fine with no indication of issues to follow. However the masking of the fresh water holding tank issue by someone on the production line is unacceptable. Anything short of totally replacing this tank will not be accepted !!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm we took delivery of a 2016 27RL and when filling the fresh water for the first time we had the same problem water coming out from between the underbelly cover in the area of the tank. It's at the dealer for various other items now so we shall see what comes of it. I'm wishing now we would have gotten the extended warranty from what we've experienced only on 1 outing. We've had 2 other pull behinds (1 Forest River and 1 Keystone brands) and have not had as severe issues as these. I wanted to pull the underbelly cover down to see what was up but didn't want to void my warranty or something crazy like that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I am pleased with everything but these little "attention to detail" issues that drive me nuts. I took mine back to the dealer yesterday and showed them where it was leaking and they have to contact Grand Design first to see what the proper repair is. I'm still opposed to them putting epoxy or some other sealant on the leak for I regard this as a temporary fix. I will post the outcome of this event.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very pleased to announce that Grand Design is sending a new fresh water tank to the dealer for installation!!! This is the proper way to fix something that was thermal welded into the tank. Epoxy will not stick to Low Density Polyethylene. Any fix using this method is considered to be temporary. I have heard good things about Grand Design in my search for a new 5th wheel. This event proves they are a reputable company who takes care of customers.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news Ltt! I'm still waiting for the dealer to actually call me to let me know what's going on with ours. Every bit of communication has been initiated by myself. I' about to see if Grand Design will intervene and at lest open a line of communication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Likes to Tow! Welcome to our group
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places