Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is real CAT Scale weights....

Specs of a 310GK-R weighted at a CAT scale on 30 Oct 2016
    All 5er tanks empty

Status from Grand Design Website.
    UVW 12,100
    Dry Pin Weight 2350

From Grand Design Weight Sheet that came with my 5er and has my VIN listed on the top of the sheet.
    GVWR 15,000
    GAWR (Per Axle) 7,000
    UVW 12226 (Matches Sticker on 5er)
    Hitch Weight 2392
    Left (Street Side) 5326
    Right (Curb Side) 4508
    Cargo Carrying Capacity 2714

Truck Specs
    Ford F350 Diesel SuperCab 143” Wheel Base 6.5 foot bed.
    B&W Campion Hitch non slider
    Web Spec 4080 Payload
    Yellow Door Sticker 3744
    GVWR 11,500
    Rear Axle Ratings 7,000
    Front Axle Ratings 5,200
    GCWR 22,500
    Tow Rating 15,900

Truck ONLY Weight Cat Scales
    Front Axle Weight - 4740
    Rear Axle Weight - 3480
    Total Weight 8220

Cat Scale With 5er Hooked up
    Steering Axle - 5000lbs
    Drive Axle 6320
    Trailer Axle 10,520
    Gross Combine Weight 21,840

Bottom Line
    Truck Weight (Truck Only) 8220
    Truck Weight (Hitched) 11,320
    Camper Weight 13,620
    Pin Weight 3,100
    Pin Weight Percentage 22.8%
    2392 Factory Pin Weight 3100 scale weight increase of 708 pounds
    12,226 Factory UVW 13,600 Cat Scale Weight increase of 1374 lbs
    Over 50% of the 1374 pounds loaded went to pin weight
    Just goes to show how much weight is loaded forward of the axle
    Factory Scale weighs of 2392 pin and 12,226 UVW = 19.6 percent pin weight
    Cat Scale Weights 13600 GVW and 3100 pin = 22.8 percent pin percentage or increase of 3.2 Percent over Dry percentage

I’m within 180 pounds of my GVWR of my trucks 11,500 GVWR. We were loaded for a week long trip and we are not full timers.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info, thanks!
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are trying to figure out how to install our direct Tv box as well since Tv retracts. When you say you got extension what do you mean? Can you be a little more explicit so we can do same. Thanks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we just got our 310GK R home today and realized hooking up satellite is going to be an issue. Any help would be appreciated. Considering starting a thread.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mccomas820 View Post
    We are trying to figure out how to install our direct Tv box as well since Tv retracts. When you say you got extension what do you mean? Can you be a little more explicit so we can do same. Thanks
    From the factory, the HDMI cable runs from the factory junk radio to the TV and as reported GD has made it difficult to run more HDMI cables to the TV.

Purchase a HDMI switching device like the one below. There are many available to choose from; I can't currently find the one we have and are happy with.

Disconnect the HDMI cable from the back of your factory radio and install it on the OUTPUT side of your HDMI switcher. That becomes your one connection to the TV.

Install a new HDMI cable from the factory radio to one of the INPUTS on the HDMI switcher *if* you plan to use the factory radio for anything (we don't)

Then plug other HDMI devices, such as your satellite box and a decent Blu-ray player, into the other inputs on the HDMI switcher, allowing you to feed several HDMI signals (one at a time) through the single factory-installed HDMI cable to the TV.

Then, when watching satellite or other device-dependent TV set the HDMI switcher for the source you want to watch.

https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Intellig...gateway&sr=8-7
    Last edited by boyscout; 08-22-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travel View Post
    we just got our 310GK R home today and realized hooking up satellite is going to be an issue. Any help would be appreciated. Considering starting a thread.
    There is a "Satellite" RG-6 connector on the wall beside the Nautilus panel in your trailer. There is a second (unmarked) RG-6 connector on the TV booster switch plate inside one of the cabinets over the TV.

In *theory*, these two connectors provide a clean straight-through path for connecting your satellite antenna in through the Nautilus cabinet and into the cabinet above your TV, where you can connect your satellite box. There are many reports of this system not being properly or tightly connected at the factory, and of signal issues arising from sub-par quality connectors and cabling. But in theory it should be as simple as connecting the antenna at the Nautilus panel and the satellite box at the switch above the TV. It might work fine for you. (You do have more work to do getting the signal from the satellite box to the TV - see post above about HDMI switchers.)

If things don't work well, and checking and tightening connections doesn't fix it, then people find other ways to bring the satellite antenna cable into the trailer. I admit with some embarrassment that I just run it through the back window and up into the cabinet - we don't use the satellite much if we have a selection of local TV channels. Others have come up through the bottom of the slide, but they have a tricky task of getting the RG-6 up into the cabinets above the TV through the narrow and "permanently" attached little conduit GD installs in the corner of the slide wall. Still others have installed a connector on the outside wall of the slide. None of it is as easy as it should be with some forethought by the designers.

One final note: our satellite antenna is the Winegard Carryout G2 which has a one-cable connection to the dish, meaning that the electricity for the dish travels through the same cable as the signals from it. If yours is similar, Winegard says that this system should be cabled without interruption (no jacks, splitters, etc) between dish and box so it might not work properly through the factory-installed satellite connectors already in your trailer.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travel View Post
    we have the 310gk r and hooked up direct tv dish by pulling one of the cables from tv up as far as I could taped hdmi cable to it and pulled back thru. no problem but did take out radio prior so I could get to every thing then replaced. did not disconnect any cables from tv.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 310GK-R. Our satellite receiver is in the cabinet above the TV (to the left of the radio section). We ran a cable from the receiver to the TV thru the corner wire channel on the left side of the TV area. You cannot thread the cable thru this channel as it is packed full with wires and the holes in the top and bottom are barely big enough for the bundle of wires. (I have contacted GD and suggested they make the holes 2 inches in diameter so one could snake a TV cable thru. I was able to run my cable thru that channel by removing the cover on the channel and gluing it back in place with goop after I was finished. It was a tight fit to get the cable thru and I had to drill a hole in the bottom of the cabinet above the TV because the bottom of that cabinet is two shelves with a space between and the hole into the top of the channel only goes thru the bottom shelf. Having done all of this, I still found it was spotty getting connected to the satellites if the cable connections went thru the wiring in the RV. Dish told me to connect directly to the receiver from the satellite dish which I have done and it has always worked. But I then have a cable running thru the back side window up to the receiver in the cabinet which is unsightly. I haven't figured out how to run the TV cable directly to the receiver where it is hidden on the inside --- without using a connector on the cable somewhere, which leads to spotty signal.
    Jim and Sandi
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017Ram2500 Laramie HD 6.4 Hemi Andersen Hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12