User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saildogs View Post
    Where can I get anti striction fluid? I woukd like to have some with me on my first trip.
    If you have a Caterpillar dealer near, or an off-road motorcycle shop near, they both stock it.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the CAT 1U-9891 fluid.

There is a procedure for adding it.

http://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0295.pdf
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cat Hydraulic fluid is the one I used...
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did an informal poll for the folks that had the "popping" sounds from their leveling systems, which is another symptom of the static friction issue. The folks that used the Cat 1U-9891 generally only had to do it once. The folks that used the other two fluids often had to repeat the process again.

I believe it should be added at the factory too, but not every unit will have the symptoms. I think some of it has to do with the surrounding climate conditions and other factors. It wasn't a hard process to go through. In performing it, I discovered that the king pin tripod we use will support the weight of the king pin without the jacks being down (it's a good, steel, Ultra-Fab unit http://www.ultra-fab.com/new_detail....gnum=19-950001 with 8" leg extensions).
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My slide out is doing the same thing now for months. The top only comes out about 18” then slams back when I straighten out. Dealership says they can t find any issues and they are able to replicate the issue. Don’t know what the fix is. I just don’t feel that on a 2020 $100k rig that this should be happening!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggluck3 View Post
    My slide out is doing the same thing now for months. The top only comes out about 18” then slams back when I straighten out. Dealership says they can t find any issues and they are able to replicate the issue. Don’t know what the fix is. I just don’t feel that on a 2020 $100k rig that this should be happening!
    Have you called and talked to GD yet? Video this if you can and send to GD and LCI. Sounds like the dealer isn't helping at all.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Ours was tipping out at the top when making a turn, centrifigal force pushing it out. It would re-seat when the vehicle straightened out. The factory techs worked on the structural aspects to keep it from tipping. Not sure if that helps if your whole slide is coming out and staying out.
    Mine does the same on my momentum, passenger side slide only.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/RV-SLIDE-OUT-...s%2C330&sr=8-2

Something like this may help. Just remember to remove before putting the slide out. They come in various lengths and can be found at various sources - so shop around.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggluck3 View Post
    The same thing happened to us with our brand new Reflection in 2015. We had the same response from our dealership. So I put the slide out and placed blue painters tape pieces, 6in long then a 6in gap, for the length of the slide top. Then used a suction cup mont to the side of the trailer and my go pro camera. It was tilting out 22in at the top. After I showed it to the dealership, they replaced the slide beams and did some "custom bracing". We had no more tilting after that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/RV-SLIDE-OUT-...s%2C330&sr=8-2

Something like this may help. Just remember to remove before putting the slide out. They come in various lengths and can be found at various sources - so shop around.
    My 99 Jayco Designer came with 6 of those...2 for each slide. Always used them....but never had any issues....
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast