User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you getting heat out of your heat pump? I was told they were only good to about 40 degrees outside temps.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose i cant give you an honest answer. Ive never measured the temp output and we have our electric heaters on at the same time. I do know for a fact I get heat when its set to gas. It seems like our heat pump struggled to keep up when it was in the 30s outside and would constantly switch to gas. That was what drove us to get the electric heaters. IMO those electric heaters were worth every $.

On a side note, its also handy while traveling. On long tips we will stay at a truck stop overnight, run the generator, and turn the medium electric heater on in the garage. We all sleep in the garage for the overnight trips. That heater alone will still maintain 70 even when in the 20s outside.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another update:

Original problem: water pump, water heater, tank heater turn off on the OneControl screen when the furnace is used. No issues any other time including use of the heat pump.

Now that winter is here and it's time to use the furnace I did some more troubleshooting.

I've added a fan near the furnace and removed one of the stairs to ensure the OneControl modules were not over heating. I also checked all the ducting to make sure the ducts weren't leaking into the basement area. (suggested by GD)

I turned off the converter with the electric water heater and water pump on. The components remain on with the converter off (I was thinking a malfunctioning converter could contribute to this problem, although my batteries charge fine)

I ran the furnace at night with only the water pump and electric water heater on, left tank heaters off, in the morning all components were off. (Eliminating possibility of overloading the converter)

At one point, I had the electric water heater, water pump and tank heaters on. My wife turned on furnace and the components turned off almost instantly, leading me to think the OneControl modules are not over heating.

During the spring/summer/fall, the water pump and electric water heater never turned off. It only happens when I use the furnace.

I have a Progressive EMS and it shows 115v on L1 and L2 without any faults. I don't have any blown fuses or tripped breakers.

I called LCI and GD, both said this was not normal and that the furnace isn't connected to the OneControl system.

Anyone who had the same issue get a resolution or any other suggestions on troubleshooting?

I'm trying to avoid the dealer since we full time in it. I'm out of warranty, but GD put a note in my file since I made a claim about it before I went out of warranty so they will still cover it if needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not unusual for a wayward ground to cause wonky electrical issues. Could the furnace's fan and OneSource relay component (assuming there is such a thing) be "talking" through a shared ground?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the idea of what you are saying. I think I'll explore that route when I have time to take everything out of the basement again and dig around. I know there are numerous grounds all tied together down there, certainly not how I would have done it. Might be easy to run dedicated ground wires to both components and separate it from the spaghetti mess if that is the culprit. Thanks for the idea.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've notice that we might not be the only owners of the 399th Momentum that are having problems with the My Rv One control panel. I wake up all night switching on the water and tank heaters. They also keep going off during the day. We noticed that when it gets colder out side or maybe due to the fact the furnace is on that it acts up the worst. Even if we set the water heater on propane that it does the same thing. Now with these cold spells moving in, we have to check the control panel every 30 minutes to insure our tanks will not freeze and to have a hot shower.
    Also if anyone else has a problem locking the steps to the side patio. is there any one that knows whats wrong and how to fix it?
    Last edited by Ironspider1; 01-14-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironspider1 View Post
    I've notice that we might not be the only owners of the 399th Momentum that are having problems with the My Rv One control panel. I wake up all night switching on the water and tank heaters. They also keep going off during the day. We noticed that when it gets colder out side or maybe due to the fact the furnace is on that it acts up the worst. Even if we set the water heater on propane that it does the same thing. Now with these cold spells moving in, we have to check the control panel every 30 minutes to insure our tanks will not freeze and to have a hot shower.
    Also if anyone else has a problem locking the steps to the side patio.
    I wouldn't wake up every 30 min to check the panel. We were in single digit temps for 3 days straight. We have used the fireplace, a space heater in garage and one on the rear side of the island. Garage heater set to 90, kept garage around 68, fireplace and heater near island set to 70 and furnace set at 66. This setup would still allow the furnace to come on and heat the underbelly ensuring the tanks don't freeze. It's a trial and error of heater setup to ensure furnace comes on. I also have a temp monitor in the water hook up compartment with an alarm set at 40F to be on the safe side. Even with the water heater turning off in the middle of the night, it stays warm for awhile and was hot when turned back on in morning. To speed it up, turn on electric and propane mode.

I still haven't gotten to searching for ground related issues causing the problem.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am having the same problem with my m395 if you find/found a way to fix it let me know!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent you a PM; still working on troubleshooting. I've learned numerous circuits appear to have a short, but not enough to blow a fuse. I've narrowed it down to the converter, main fuse panel or the One Control system having the short. When I can find the time to get back into it and figure out the solution I will update this.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious how all this turns out and what the issue is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast