Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Grand Design.....had to smile.

If you haven't been out to check out the 2017 GD models, do yourself a favor and go check them out. We saw a new Solitude that came in yesterday morning. Outside looks pretty much the same but there is a new step system that is an option. The steps are really something to see. I cannot find any pictures on their website or anywhere else for that matter. Lippert had nothing either. These steps are a solid piece of material with a solid arm rail. I believe they had 5 risers. And, to top it off, they store by lifting the light steps up from the end, walking them up and parallel into the doorway. Kinda like a ship gangplank Two latches secure them from falling forward. The entry door just closes as normal. When you want to lower the steps, you open the entry door and turn a yellow handle that releases the two latches. You then walk back lowering the steps. Bam! Game changer.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    If you haven't been out to check out the 2017 GD models, do yourself a favor and go check them out. We saw a new Solitude that came in yesterday morning. Outside looks pretty much the same but there is a new step system that is an option. The steps are really something to see. I cannot find any pictures on their website or anywhere else for that matter. Lippert had nothing either. These steps are a solid piece of material with a solid arm rail. I believe they had 5 risers. And, to top it off, they store by lifting the light steps up from the end, walking them up and parallel into the doorway. Kinda like a ship gangplank Two latches secure them from falling forward. The entry door just closes as normal. When you want to lower the steps, you open the entry door and turn a yellow handle that releases the two latches. You then walk back lowering the steps. Bam! Game changer.
    Probably OK for a full-time person but if you store your unit with close quarters you may want to skip it.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see a picture of this step if anyone's got one. We plan on ordering our 384GK in late Dec, and going full time in 2018 so this may be something we'd want to order.

Thanks for the tip.
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wva3185 View Post
    Probably OK for a full-time person but if you store your unit with close quarters you may want to skip it.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, if you can't get your slide out these wouldn't work. From what I understand they are option only and no word on the price.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe these are the steps you are taking about. They also dump what dirt that is on the steps into the 5er, hard for someone that is short and for close quarters. Montana uses a ones from different manufacture and they have come loose going down the road and have damage to the door.

Also, notice the area under the steps are filled in so it would be quite a project to replace them with a different style step.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewSteps.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	6004
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell for sure. Maybe. The ones I saw had a handrail. They sure were a "step-up" from the standard 3 step I am familiar with.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the picture, though it doesn't convince me that's is a better design from the one that accordions out and sits on the ground with adjustable legs. Seems like this one would still give the 5er a bounce when you step on it to go up the stairs while the other one being on the ground eliminates that. I'll keep my eyes open to see if anyone near here gets one in and if so I'll go check it out. Thanks again for the tip.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    I can't tell for sure. Maybe. The ones I saw had a handrail. They sure were a "step-up" from the standard 3 step I am familiar with.
    Those are the ones that were posted on Grand Design website but were removed after few days of people complaining.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw them at the rally and wasn't real impressed.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moryde makes a step similar but more beefy. I see good and bad. If it is raining, with the steps stored inside the RV that water from steps will have to drop onto the inside floor.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast