Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600RB - cost cutting on new models?

We took delivery of our 2600RB this afternoon, it's been on order with the dealer for a while now. I noticed a few omissions from what I've seen included on prior 2017 models on Youtube.

1. Cargo netting on storage area behind the TV - This was not included in our unit and I have seen this on other units. I ask the dealer and they said they called Grand Design while I was there and were told that the cargo netting is no longer included.
    2. Awning middle support - with a 21' awning I thought including the middle support holding up the awning when it was rolled up was a good thing. Our unit did not have the middle support included on it....again the dealer said it was not included any longer.

Seems kind of a bad move on Grand Design's part. Maybe its the beginning of cost cutting since the Winnebego acquisition.
    Last edited by Krazy Kajun; 11-15-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Greg & Cheryl and our mini schnauzer Molly
    NE Georgia
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 Ford F150XLT 5.0L 2WD, Equalizer WDH, factory towing package

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group! My 2015 Solitude didn't have center support for the awning
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Krazy Kajun, we just bought a 2018 2600RB this week, and your right, it no longer sports the cargo net, but the center support for awning is installed on ours. We haven't taken delivery yet, the PDI is setup for Saturday, but question about the center support for those who have one. Appears there is a pin with cotter in it, does this have to be removed in order to extend awning? From the view down under, i really couldn't tell what its purpose was.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It rotates on the pin to allow the awning in and out. Not need to remove the support to put in and out.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______
    2016 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2020 Nissan Titan XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took delivery of 2018 2600RB on friday, cargo net not supplied.... however center support is there and like said before it just rotates when awning goes in or out.... no need to remove or do anything with it..... now if I can get kitchen sink to have decent water pressure.... sigh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Couch View Post
    Just took delivery of 2018 2600RB on friday, cargo net not supplied.... however center support is there and like said before it just rotates when awning goes in or out.... no need to remove or do anything with it..... now if I can get kitchen sink to have decent water pressure.... sigh
    I too just picked up a new 2018 2600RB and no cargo net...I want one though.

About the kitchen not having decent water pressure I found my faucet hose twisted and kinked and it basically had a permanent kink from the twist. I had to twist the faucet the right direction to untwist the hose and now I have much better pressure.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you'd like a cargo net it is part number: 690493 : NET 8 X 14 STRETCH NET WOVEN W/ZINC CLIP

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/24394

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	690493.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	10286

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just go here. Bought some for a previous camper and then for a shelf I put in the pass through for my chairs.

https://www.organizedobie.com/home
    '12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    Previous ’98 Coleman Mesa
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]