Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

350m waste tank question

I have a 350m and we used the half bath for the first time. I removed the cap from the rear waste drain and waste started to poor out so I quickly placed the cap back on. I cannot find the dump valve for that tank. How do I empty my black tank for the rear half bath toilet? Does the single lever for the black tank in the basement operate both waste tanks? Did the dealer leave a valve open that should have been closed? If so I will take it to them so they can clean up the solids when the cap is removed again because I'm sure they have sunk to the lowest point in the system. Wow that was a horrible 3 seconds. Please help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not at my trailer to look, but I believe the rear 1/2 bath lever is just behind the rear wheels on driver side. It is separate from the one inside the storage area for the front bathroom.
    2018 Momentum 376th
    2017 Ford F-450 DRW Platinum 4x4
    B&W Companion OEM hitch
    Airlift 7500xl airbags and wireless controller

Sold: 2014 F-250/2016 350m

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike662b View Post
    Im not at my trailer to look, but I believe the rear 1/2 bath lever is just behind the rear wheels on driver side. It is separate from the one inside the storage area for the front bathroom.
    I have a 399, however, my rear 1/2 bath is the same way. There is a separate dump valve on driver side behind the rear tires. On a side note, We found all of the valves in the central hook up area open during the PDI, but forgot to check the dump valve for the 1/2 bath. It wasn't the most pleasant time taking those caps off for the first time.

I have found it is worthwhile to hook up your sewer hose to the ground connection first and be ready to "catch" anything with the sewer hose in the event you or someone forgot to shut those valves.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the help. I will look for it tonight. Luckily my storage has a waste dump so I can empty the rear tank before I leave. Now I have another dilemma. I use my TH one to two weeks a month including winter months. I live in Albuquerque and it's supposed to freeze tonight. I just got back from another trip 2 days ago so I dropped the TH off at storage. I left the fridge on and now I have to turn the furnace on so nothing freezes. I have another trip in 2 days so I hate to winterize it. I hope the battery makes it. I need to invest in another battery or solar or find storage with power.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The waste dump for the 1/2 bath is behind the rear wheels on the driver side mounted to the bottom of the unit and it is not mounted very far below the floor. The problem I have seen and read about on the forum is that the valves from the factory have a tendency to leak and when you remove the cap there is about 2 cups of liquid comes out every time after the rear 1/2 bath is used. I got tired of getting splashed each time I started to hook up the hose to dump so I got the manual twist on valves and my problem is solved. The twist on valves never leak. Below is the link to what I got and they work great with no mess. I still use the dump valves on the RV but I use these in case there is any leakeage from the factory installed ones.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Benny and Valinda w/ Dakota (canine)
    2016 Momentium 350M
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 3500 DRW 8' bed 6.6 Duramax w Allison
    B&W Companion RVK3500 20K FW
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    Thank you for the help. I will look for it tonight. Luckily my storage has a waste dump so I can empty the rear tank before I leave. Now I have another dilemma. I use my TH one to two weeks a month including winter months. I live in Albuquerque and it's supposed to freeze tonight. I just got back from another trip 2 days ago so I dropped the TH off at storage. I left the fridge on and now I have to turn the furnace on so nothing freezes. I have another trip in 2 days so I hate to winterize it. I hope the battery makes it. I need to invest in another battery or solar or find storage with power.
    I would watch it running the fridge off the battery. I know someone else with a momentum who did the same as you and came back to a fridge full of spoiled food. If you dont need the fridge on, turn it off and crack the door open.

If you have access to compressed air, blow the water lines out, but keep the pressure around 35 - 45 psi and open the low point drains, empty water heater and pour rv antifreeze down the drains when youre done for the p traps. It isnt too time consuming and you wont need the furnace. Id probably dump the tanks first.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it looks like GD forgot to install the gate valve on the rear tank. It's no where to be found. I am leaving for a 2 week trip tomorrow morning so now I get to hall a few hundred lbs of ********. It will cost me extra fuel due to the added weight but my only other choice is to take a bath in it while I try to catch it with the hose. Been there, done that, screw that. I'll let the dealer deal with the mess when I get back. Another issue we discovered GD forgot to install the braces that hold the bottom of the skirting to the TH. The bottom of the skirting on both sides is tearing, I'm guessing when I'm pulling it down the highway the wind is flapping it back and forth causing it to fatigue and tear like a tin can. I have some thin sheet metal and a rivet gun so I will make my own brace to hold the skirting together until I get back and take it to the dealer. Wow how did they forget a valve that size and how did the dealer miss it during PDI? Oh well at least the issues will not keep me from taking for the next two weeks.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated above, stop at an RV place and buy a gate valve that spins on the end. I out them on both my waste pipes and then put the cap over that. Even if you get a slow leak or whatever, you never have any leakage. They are like 15 bucks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buying a gate valve is a good idea. I'm at a nice RV park in Roswell that I stay at frequently for work. The owners are very nice people so I would hate to upset them and my RV neighbors with the smell and mess I would make if I remove the cap to install the gate valve. I will wait until I can find some where safe to do this. It would be nice to have that gate valve on both tank drains instead of the caps, that way I never have to worry about a payday bar/lemonade bath every time I dump my tanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. My 350m has been at the dealer all week for warranty work. They did install a gate valve for the rear waste tank. The lever is located drivers side behind the fuel station about a foot away from the rear door. It's no where near the back tire like some of the other 350m's. The skirting that both myself and the dealer thought had torn from it flapping in the wind is supposed to be that way. GD said they cut the skirting on purpose and leave it hanging so they would not let the dealer fix it. The dealer asked me to call GD and talk to them about the problem. Why would GD want their trailer skirting flapping around while driving down the hwy? Maybe they think if it flaps like wings the trailer will lighten up when it's being pulled. They did let them fix the water heater. The wires were cut while it was in production. This will save me a lot of LP and money now that it works in electric mode. Also my ladder was bent and I didn't notice it during the PDI so they are refusing to replace it. I opened the ladder for the first time a few weeks ago and that is when I noticed. Nothing hit it and no one had been on the roof since I purchased it. Have any of you had this problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast