User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    delindynin

2016 Reflection 29RS entertainment/fridge/stove slide out will not retract

Can anyone help us figure out how to manually retract our entertainment/fridge/stove slide out. We are somewhat new to RV's and the manual had some confusing info. We actually were manually cranking but it did not move. After we have a mobile RV guide out to the campground found out that the crank actually worked the slide out on the other side of the RV. We had to leave our RV at the campground today. Thank goodness we were only camping about 1 1/2 hours from home, now we just need to figure out how to get the slide in so that we can get it to our dealer. Photos are a big help in trying to locate where the manual overrides are or videos.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The manual crank is on the opposite side from the slide you want to move.
    Unless, you have a Schwintek slide. Perhaps you could post a picture of the slide with the problem?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

delindynin
    Once we figured out that we were cranking out the other slide we went to the other side of the RV and no crank. I believe the slide that is stuck is a Schwintek slide, that is what we are trying to figure out. The manual talks about controllers for the bedroom slide but doesn't mention anything about the slide that is stuck.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Oh by the way if it wasn't for the length the 303RLS is the rig I really like. Had to stay under 32 feet for storage reasons.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe your trouble slide may not be a Schwintek but the other type with under mounted gears/supports and actuator. We have four slides with the two in the rear living area for the dinette/theater seats and the entertainment/fridge/range being the type with the under mounted gear. My understanding is that the larger slides designed to support more weight will have the under mounted gear and the Scwintek side mounted gear is for lighter slide room applications. This seems to be the case for our rig as the smaller mid bunk slide and master bedroom slide feature the Schwintek style. The good news is for type of slide I believe is your trouble slide there should be a 3/4" drive manual override on the opposite side as Cate&Rob pointed out. Sometimes they can be tricky to find. Once you locate the override the other issue can be getting a drive nut or socket on it. I keep an 18" extension and a 3/4" nut driver made for TT stabilizer jacks just in case I need it. Many times you will find an access hole in the lower aluminum fascia at the bottom of the sidewall on your rig and the override nut will be back in behind the access hole - thus the need for the extension. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

delindynin
    Thanks for the reply. the slide is a Schwintek based on all the photos, videos and the repair man that came out said that it was an in wall mount motor schwintek. But he had no experience with them. Great guy did not even change a fee for coming out to take a look.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am not very familiar with that type either. The two we have on our unit are the first we have had of that type. Did you find that there was a manual override? Am curious to know. I know how to manually retract the other two down in our rear living area but with your experience I want to know how to work with these two Schwintek types also. Thanks!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

delindynin
    Happy to reply we got the slide in. In our owners manual it mentioned that the Schwintec was on the bedroom slide with instructions how to override and manually push the slide in but it did not mention that the entertainment/stove/fridge slide was also a Schwintec slide but it is. The directions in the manual are pretty good but you may want to take a moment and google a couple of videos. I could not find one for the Schwintec on the Grand Design Reflection but found others that were pretty helpful.

If you have to disengage the motors (one on each side at the top) to push the slide in (you have 2 easier options this is a last resort) there is some weather stripping that is not glued you can pull it back but I think it is actually meant to be slid up or down (this is not the seal the actually touches the slide when it is out)if you pull it down about 6 inches we found a torque screw head size is S2 may want to check yours and be sure you have one in your tool kit. Remove the screw then wedge your fingers between the slide and the sealing rubber and raise the motors up about 1/2 and inch. We had to use a flathead screwdriver to raise the motors not much room in there. Once raised replace the screw so that the motors do not go back in. Don't think a male and female spouse can push this slide in we couldn't budge it, added two more strong men and it finally moved. Try to push as evenly as possible although we did have one end move about 2 inches and the other didn't so we all just got on that end and move it to match then pushed in all the way. Be sure to secure the slide when you get it in since the motors are disengaged it is not locked. We were able to just use a 2x4 and used a rag to make it snug.

Little frustrating yes but we had a great Thanksgiving, were close to home giving us the ability to come home on Sat. as planned did a little research, and went back out on Sunday to get the slide in, and made a few new camping friends willing to help us push in the slide.

Oh and the controllers on our 2016 29rs Refection are located in the storage compartment street side mounted on the ceiling both of them (bedroom and entertainment center) right next to each other. Not sure which is which well since the bedroom slide worked I went in the RV and extended out the bedroom slide while my husband watched the controllers and the lights started flashing on one of them so that had to be the bedroom slide.

Hopes this helps everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this as well
    https://youtu.be/bGL4aILZYcY
    Taj & Carmen (Counting the days...)
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2016 F350 DRW Lariat FX4
    Discovery Bay Ca