2019 Solitude 380FL
    Parked in Fort Myers
    Our Winter Wonderland

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith 22 Have new 19 380FL had since April 1st same thing happened to me left arm on front awning in rain bent and couldn’t retract till I bent arm back enough to get it to retract. Call Schaffer talked to terry and told me he would get back to me which he did next day and told me he had my arm in stock. Told him would come out Saturday to pick up. He said ok.
    Got call today because someone else called for one and they called me to make sure I was coming out I said yes hold it for me. Terry said ok by the way grand design stop making your awning system and I can’t get you the same arms as you had and will not look the same as you have. I said what to hell politely. He said very sorry nothing I and do sir. That pretty sad
    to think we spend all this money on a solitude to have my slider doors come off wreck my bed room awning fails don’t carry any more sorry sir you think there just a little problem. All the research and mumble jumbo I got about quality control. Also
    When I got my unit I had bad cold water supply to my master bathroom sink toilet and shower. Bad that hardly could use the shower. Thought it was water pressure from campsites so we finally got mad and took all my wall covers off in side my main through compartment and went to work looking. After hr or so moving duct work and cables electric lines insulation and flooring I found my cold water line crushed between my side to side aluminum tiding and my front to back tubing. It was so crushed I had to take my large tractor trailer chisel with short mallet and get inside compartment and beat it crazy to open the gap to get it loose. So here again they say they go through these trailers and check everything out. Who is telling the truth. Please let me know we love our trailer but it’s not what they sold us and I just talked my cousin into buying one and they have had ac go bad door problems and only one month old. Hope someone is out there listening to
    the truth. I’m told that they review or look at these and take time research. Or maybe reach out to someone that has had these problems and talk to them on the phone. They can find me 2019 380Fl Full body paint Tom Shaffer’s RV Pa.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The awning is made by Carefree. Even if Grand Design stopped using that model, Carefree may still have parts for yours.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are talking about my 380FL problem

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning 380FL

Told after owning for only 4 months awning has been discontinued by Grand Design. Have to change arm
    System which now won’t match original system so now will have two different looking arms when both are out. What’s your thoughts

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob do you have a 380Fl 2019 just want to replace with same arms as I have on my unit now

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your package of info you should have a Serial number data sheet, on it you will find a line item "Awning(Patio)- HRDWRE 12'3" - 21' Next column is Brand MFG (Carefree) then model number. That is the part number for your arms, I have the same trouble and they will not be in stock until the 16 th of this month.
    '

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night we had a freaky storm blow up and while I was retracting the larger front awning on my Solitude, a wind gust lifted the awning and I heard a loud pop in the left arm assembly resulting in that left arm quickly slapping closed. When I try to extend the awning, the right motorized arm extends but the left arm is stuck closed. I am thinking the gas strut which assists extension of the awning is broken. My dealer service guys are coming Monday to assess.

In the meantime I checked Carefree's website and found the parts blowup for our Longitude awning system. There is a note for the arms that 'black is no longer available.' WTF? Most of the awnings I see on RV's these days have black hardware so why would Carefree discontinue black arms for our awning? There is also a note that says the arms have been changed and if you order one arm you will get two. It does not say what colors are available.

I am hoping I only need a new gas strut and the arm hardware is OK.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand my Carefree Awning and barely use it since my home park is a couple of miles from the coastline in North Carolina where we generally have a pleasant ocean breeze. My previous 5th Wheel, a PrimeTime Sanibel, had an electric Dometic awning. I loved it and used it all the time. My Carefree Awning on my Solitude is essentially useless. It provides little sun protection due to the angle it come out; doesn't tolerate rain or wind well with its stiff, flimsy arms, and I need to get out a ladder to make an angle adjustment. It has 6 holes, but you can't go more than 3 apart and still safely retract. My neighbors have a 2018 Reflection purchased at the same time as my Solitude and they have a Dometic Awning that can be easily tied down and withstands a breeze and rain much better. I wish Grand Design would drop the Carefree Product and go to Dometic for their awnings.
    USMC (Retired); Full Time (07/2012)
    2018 Solitude 377 MBS-R
    Morryde ID Susp, 8K Axles, Disk Brakes, Solar System
    2011 Chevy 3500 DRW, B&W Companion Hitch, Titan 60 Gallon Tank

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carefree has better stuff. We had the Carefree Eclipse awning on our previous RV and it was more sturdy and had adjustable auto wind retract. It was Grand Design who chose to use the cheapest, most flimsy, and featureless Longitude awning on our Solitudes.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast