User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which system did you find for that price? Not seeing anything. I have been thinking about this for a couple of years now and would like to find something that is not too expensive. I see a 100W ACOPOWER with 10amp charge controller for $269.00 with really good reviews.
    Kirk
    Kirk & Melissa
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4989
    2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Diesel
    Fort Worth, TX

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks....

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this discussion about using the solar panel plug on my Imagine 2600RB to trickle charge by battery?
    Or is this about being able to use solar panel to furnish full power to my unit so that the A/C and everything else will run?
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the Renogy 100W suitcase panels to keep my batteries charged while dry camping. This does not furnish full power.
    Kirk
    Kirk & Melissa
    2016 Reflection 303RLS #4989
    2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Diesel
    Fort Worth, TX

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk&melissa View Post
    I purchased the Renogy 100W suitcase panels to keep my batteries charged while dry camping. This does not furnish full power.
    Kirk
    Thank You!
    If there is anyone with info about how to furnish solar panel full 30amp power I would appreciate it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windshield Farmer View Post
    If there is anyone with info about how to furnish solar panel full 30amp power I would appreciate it.
    Do you mean a max 30A rating or full power for a 30A rig? Those are very different!

- In round numbers 30A at 12V = 360 watts. So add panels up to that and use a 30A controller.

- Running an AC and whatever else you might have, entirely from solar takes a massive array and a huge battery bank as well as expensive electronics. Additional questions arise like, where you camp and how much power you use. There are many threads on that here and elsewhere on the net, I suggest you read a lot of them.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Do you mean a max 30A rating or full power for a 30A rig? Those are very different!

- In round numbers 30A at 12V = 360 watts. So add panels up to that and use a 30A controller.

- Running an AC and whatever else you might have, entirely from solar takes a massive array and a huge battery bank as well as expensive electronics. Additional questions arise like, where you camp and how much power you use. There are many threads on that here and elsewhere on the net, I suggest you read a lot of them.
    Thanks for your help!
    I was asking about full power for a 30A rig but I see now that is not practical or feasible.

I have a 2019 Imagine 2600RB with a Furrion 10A solar charge female plug.
    I plan now to get the Renogy 100W suitcase panel with the SolarEnz 2 Pin Adapter for Solar Panel Suitcase. I'll get the SolarEnz 20FT Extension Cable 14 Gauge 2 Pin to make it more flexible for locating my panels.
    That will let me use what power my unit battery provides without draining the battery down to discharge.
    If you see anything wrong with that configuration please let me know … Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to help! Some folks get pretty close to all solar. Search for DaveMathewsBand threads.

Your planned rig is exactly why GD put the solar port in. My Accopower solar is similar, but one of the soft flexible type rather than glass covered and metal framed. 1/4 the weight! After the first few trips, I wired the controller in by the batteries and wired the port to it. Very convenient!

Now I need to get out there! My solar was going to get a workout on a long trip to Utah and Arizona.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Glad to help! Some folks get pretty close to all solar. Search for DaveMathewsBand threads.

Your planned rig is exactly why GD put the solar port in. My Accopower solar is similar, but one of the soft flexible type rather than glass covered and metal framed. 1/4 the weight! After the first few trips, I wired the controller in by the batteries and wired the port to it. Very convenient!

Now I need to get out there! My solar was going to get a workout on a long trip to Utah and Arizona.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love some further insight. It's now 2020 and I purchased a 2018 Reflection with the Furrion plug 3 years ago. What can I use that for? We don't boondock too much as I have a propane generator but would love to use a bit of the solar power instead. Do you need to update your batteries to lithium in the rig? Did anyone relocate those? How about a total power upgrade for the Reflection 2018 series? Any insight, links, videos, etc...would be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast