User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do a lot of forest service and state park campgrounds, which usually means no hookups but water close by.

I have a small portable flexible style solar panel. It hooks right into the Furrion port, but many brands need a small adapter. That's what the port is designed for! Not long after I got it I moved the charger inside, just so I don't have to think about it. That was all with my original lead acid batteries. It worked great, except for the trees. But that's why I got a portable unit it moves to the sun.

Just this spring I went to Lithium that I moved under my steps. It involved reworking most of the 12V feed. I can give you details but probably better for you to ask questions. (and read many of the solar and battery discussions here) I'm going out this weekend for the first time, but I'm confident it will all work together. I can't see any further power upgrade as my rig is 50A. If yours isn't, upgrading can be expensive and only useful if you often run 2 AC units.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Furrion Solar Panel

Quote Originally Posted by swimbody View Post
    Would love some further insight. It's now 2020 and I purchased a 2018 Reflection with the Furrion plug 3 years ago. What can I use that for? We don't boondock too much as I have a propane generator but would love to use a bit of the solar power instead. Do you need to update your batteries to lithium in the rig? Did anyone relocate those? How about a total power upgrade for the Reflection 2018 series? Any insight, links, videos, etc...would be greatly appreciated.
    Judging by your questions it’s obvious you haven’t done any research at all on solar, which is fine. We all have to start somewhere. You can hope for responses to your post, which are in a 3.5 year old thread or do yourself a favor and do a search on this forum (scroll to the top) for "solar".
    You’ll find hundreds, possibly thousands of posts with your answers.
    A significant amount of those were posted by one of the people that has a Reflection that is completely run on solar... me. But there's at least a few dozen others on this forum.

I know a lot of people here don't "do" Facebook, but if you do, there's about 900 Grand Design owners who are on a group called Solar-powered Grand Design RV. There's lots of photos and examples of our trailers with solar and that's all we discuss. If you want to join just visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/sola...granddesignrv/

Sent from my HAM radio using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 06-04-2020 at 01:04 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123