User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    WendyLynn

Hot Water Bypass Valve

We just purchased an Imagine 2800 BH and want to winterize it. We had a Fleetwood Motorhome and when we winterized we would blow the water out of the lines with a compressor, put antifreeze in the drains only. Never had a problem. We want to do the same with the travel trailer. Does anyone else winterize this way? If so have you had any trouble? Also we cannot find the hot water bypass valve and we are not even sure we have one. Can anyone tell us if we do and where it is? Tried to find info on line with no luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your water heater by pass switch is in the utility closet. Do not by pass water heater until you blow water out of lines.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is detailed instructions on how to winterize if you have the Nautilus P1 which includes all the steps from using compress air to adding the anti-freeze. The only problem I had was after blowing out the lines I had to use a funnel and dump some anti-freeze down the line to prime the pump. Don't forget the washer lines, show, and blank tank flush.

I know a lot of people that just blow out the lines but for another 10 minutes work and couple gallons of anti-freeze I do both.

http://www.bandbmolders.com/files/Na...User_small.pdf
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hot water bypass on the 2800BH is right on the back of the hot water heater. You can find this when you open the outdoor kitchen and it would be on the side toward the rear of the trailer. You must remove the wall on that side. It is held by 2 screws. then the rear of the hot water tank is right there with the valves. It is very easy.