Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside grill hook-ups.

If someone has a disability and can't get down to hook up the outside grill what has others done to get around this bad engineering choice? This is on the 2800BH I'm talking about. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 10' extension hose that I can connect directly to the propane cylinder on the curb side of our camper. Very convenient when using a cooker steaming seafood
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cblb503 View Post
    If someone has a disability and can't get down to hook up the outside grill what has others done to get around this bad engineering choice? This is on the 2800BH I'm talking about. Thanks
    I agree with you and don't have a disability. Don't know why they didn't do a connection like my other campers have had in the side of the camper.

Does the 2800BH have an available quick connect? I had asked a dealer and they said there was only 1 and the outside cooktop was using it. I'm going to wait to get my camper but if what they say is true I thought about getting a Y and then running another hose in front of the wheels and have another quick connect there. Then having a shorter hose to go from there to my grill. To protect the hose I thought of putting it in some PVC and using some clamps to attach it under the camper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	propane-quick-connect-y-31338__13565.1468260236.386.513.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	6197

I have a 10' extension hose that I can connect directly to the propane cylinder on the curb side of our camper. Very convenient when using a cooker steaming seafood
    I used to do it that way on another camper but then I modified my Coleman Roadtrip grill to connect right to the low pressure quick connect on my Roo. I was hoping to just do that on the 2800BH.
    '12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    Previous ’98 Coleman Mesa
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a tee at the quick connect by the outdoor kitchen and run the cooktop off one side of the tee and the Blackstone Tailgater off the other side. I took the regulator off the blackstone and added quick connects to each end of a 12' hose and the grill. This way I quick connect to the Tee, and the grill. PropaneGear.com assisted with the purchase and preassembled and tested everything before shipping it to me.

Prior to this setup, I uses a tee on the tank of my old pop up. The tee went right on the bottle, therefore the PUP's regulator took care of the onboard stuff and the blackstone regulator took care of the grill.

Both setups worked great. I just like the quick connects much better.
    Greg & Mary - Rhode Island
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z-71 5.3L 4x4 AME HD transmission

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperDesigno View Post
    I used a tee at the quick connect by the outdoor kitchen and run the cooktop off one side of the tee and the Blackstone Tailgater off the other side. I took the regulator off the blackstone and added quick connects to each end of a 12' hose and the grill. This way I quick connect to the Tee, and the grill. PropaneGear.com assisted with the purchase and preassembled and tested everything before shipping it to me.

Prior to this setup, I uses a tee on the tank of my old pop up. The tee went right on the bottle, therefore the PUP's regulator took care of the onboard stuff and the blackstone regulator took care of the grill.

Both setups worked great. I just like the quick connects much better.
    Is the tee you put in easy to get to? Wasn't sure how far under it is. Propane Gear is where I found the Y I was going to get. Good to know they have hoses too. I was actually looking at another place for the hose.

Where do you usually put your grill? BTW, nice looking grill. I like how it has legs that adjust independently. Might have to get one when my Coleman wears out. Do you use their bag to store it? Haven't got my 2800BH yet so trying to get some pointers.

Greg
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the same Y I bought form Propane Gear. They will assemble everything and then test it prior to shipping it to you. The Y is still down low, but you don't have to reach under as far. I had someone show me his setup on a coachman, he ran a line off the distribution block to the rear bumper of the coach. If I remember correctly, there is a free port on the block on the 2800, so you could have a line ran to the rear bumper or a place that is easy to get to.

My grill is setup at the back of the camper. They didn't have that bag when I bought it, I use a $12 grill cover from Ocean State Job Lot as a bag and cover. But I do plan on getting the bag soon. The adjustable legs and flexibility of the cooktops make it great.
    I have a coleman camp table that goes between the camper and grill for a workspace as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160917_172730.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	6198
    2017 Imagine 2800BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the picture. It looks great and helps a lot. Do you just store it in the front? In my hybrid I always had to put it inside after we closed up. Looking forward to the big outside storage.

What's the connection in the swoosh below the kitchen window? Outside TV connection? That's the area I was thinking of putting my grill so I was out of the weather. I guess with a 12' hose like you have there are lots of options on where to put it. I had asked my dealer about cutting into the line and running a connection in about that area and they said there would have to be steel cut and it would be expensive. That definitely made me not want to do it. lol

Where is the distribution block? That might be an option. I will definitely check things out and come up with a plan once I pick up the camper.
    ’17 Imagine 2800BH
    Previous '13 Roo 21SS
    2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
    Nights
    Camped
    18 7 21 18 26

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I store it in the front storage. In the pop up i had to put it inside on the floor.
    The connection by the swoosh is the fill for the fresh water tank, I think? I have never used it, you can fill it from the universal dock connection.
    The distribution block is under the camper, it is visible when you look under it. I think it was aft of the axle.
    2017 Imagine 2800BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not having high pressure propane at the back of the trailer was one of my biggest complaints about my keystone trailer. When I get my 2800bh in Jan I plan on figuring out how to plumb a new line from the tanks bypassing the regulator and putting at least 1 if not 2 connection points in the back. The bbq that came with my trailer and hooked into the low pressure system could barely cook a hamburger let alone a steak. Ideally I would like to be able to run a large camp stove and bbq. Where do people find hoses for the propane or do you just hard plumb it down the length of the trailer with flex lines on each end?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkoden View Post
    Not having high pressure propane at the back of the trailer was one of my biggest complaints about my keystone trailer. When I get my 2800bh in Jan I plan on figuring out how to plumb a new line from the tanks bypassing the regulator and putting at least 1 if not 2 connection points in the back. The bbq that came with my trailer and hooked into the low pressure system could barely cook a hamburger let alone a steak. Ideally I would like to be able to run a large camp stove and bbq. Where do people find hoses for the propane or do you just hard plumb it down the length of the trailer with flex lines on each end?
    Kirkoden, it's my understanding that if the appliance you are running has a regulator, it will need to be removed to work properly since there is already a regulator at the propane tanks. Don't know if that's something you've already done.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast